X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allrighty then........Carry on.

I've been covering vacation all week, graveyard shift, (I soooo tired
    ). While stocking aspirin, a lady walks by. I don't want to but I greet her....
    Me: Good morning.
    SC: Good morning.

The next question I ask, I should totally know better. I hate asking it. It usually opens up a whole hella can o'worms. I was just tired and not thinking clearly.....Why oh why did I ask?

Me:How are you today? (doh!)
    SC:Absolutely awful! I am never shopping in this store again!
    Me: Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Why is that?
    SC: I can't find anything on my list and not a single person will help me!

Okay, obviously she has my attention. I asked her how she was. Why didn't she just ask me where whatever it was she wanted was, instead of unleashing on me?

Me: Well, what it it you are looking for?
    She whips out her list and starts looking at it.....
    SC: You wouldn't know anyways. You're working this department. Just nevermind!
    Me: Okay. Have a nice day.

I turned away and continued to work. Geeesh, I have worked at this store for 18 years this month. Yes, I do know where most everything is, and I could have helped her. But what a friggin bad attitude. When she told me I couldn't help her, thats all I needed. After all the customer is always right......
    WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

That's why I usually ask "Are you finding everything alright?" instead of "How are you today?" If she was bitching about nobody helping her, but she wouldn't let you help her, then she really just wants to bitch about something.

Yay, morning customers.
    Discourtesy Clerk, purveyor of fine hay bales, pine scented douche and stuff that's not in bins since July 2006.

Comment

You offered to help and she refused. That way if she complains about the store, you can honestly say is baseless.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

And plus, she just assumed that you don't know where anything is . . . despite the fact that even if you didn't know where the product is - you could always ask someone or at least found someone else help her. . .

But at least she didn't want your help, one less headache to deal with for the day!!
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Bitching for the sake of bitching...I wish I could to that. Hey, here's a happy thought--Maybe she'll actually keep her word and never come back.

Yeah, right. What was I thinking?
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
            But at least she didn't want your help, one less headache to deal with for the day!!
            Thats pretty much how I felt. Once she said that "You wouldn't know, nevermind" part, I was like, Oh ok. Totally off the hook at that point. Why bitch at the person trying to help you about people not helping you? No wonder no one wanted to help her. They must have all known more than I did!
            WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Working...
            X