Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They still complain, even when it's completely free.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They still complain, even when it's completely free.

Hi everyone, it's been forever and a day since I posted here.

I still am a phone rep at the credit card company but I'm in a different position, namely I work one of our company's rewards programs. This program is for about half a dozen or so of our credit cards, and also option on our checking account and a somewhat popular travel company. The program is totally free for our customers but of course, some of our lovely customers take time out of their day to complain.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SC: I really don't care for the fact that I have to take time out of my day to figure out what I'm going to use points on!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had this conversation at least a half dozen times now:

SC: Your cash back really sucks. All me other cards give me a dollar for every dollar I spend with the card.

That's right, some of my customers have found magic credit cards that give them 100% cash back on their purchases. So if they make $1000 in purchases, send the credit card $1000 to pay it back, they'll be getting their $1000 sent right back to them, making these credit cards literally free money. This makes me feel stupid for working a job for money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SC: Your website never works for me. Plus, I have no idea what my user name and password are.

I wonder if these two events are somehow connected?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME: It's looks like you have enough points to get four tickets to the Caribbean.

SC: This is terrible. If your lucky, I won't tell people how terrible your program is.

This guy came off sounding like a total snob. He made me wonder how bad his chiropractor bill was, since surely he must have terrible neck cramps due to the way he keeps his nose in the air.

This job has made me realize that having lots of money must be a terrible thing. The people getting $5 Starbucks gift cards are usually totally ecstatic, and the people who are getting hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of freebies are usually sound miserable and angry with the world.

SC: I really don't care for the fact that I can only use my points on stuff you guys actually have.

Last time I looked, most companies are able to only give their customers stuff they actually have. BTW, the list of stuff we "actually have" includes cash.

SC: What do you mean I can only use my points to get airline flights by contacting you guys? I want to use my points with my personal travel agent!

Tell me you have a lawyer on retainer, and I'll probably believe you. Tell me you have a personal shopper, and I'll totally assume it's possible. But who the hell travels so much that they have their own personal travel agent?

SC: I really didn't want to be part of this!

And yet this woman had taken time out of her day to sign up for our program THREE TIMES at the travel website, where there is not automatic membership and you have to sign yourself up.

SC: I never received my $500 in Best Buy gift cards. I was going to use them to buy a new fridge. I threw out my old fridge over a month ago in anticipation of getting the new one and I've been having to feed my children rotten food this entire time.

I'm not sure where to start with the stupid in all of this. She had a valid complaint in not receiving the gift card but why would any one throw out the old fridge before buying a new one. And this woman could afford to spend over $100,000 on her credit cards every year, yet waits on buying a new fridge until she can get it as cheap as possible. And even if her story was totally true, why is she feeding her family rotten food? Isn't she basically telling us that she is a terrible parent?
    Last edited by HoneyDippinDan; 09-02-2008, 03:15 AM.

her "personal travel agent" isn't 1 agent = 1 customer. It's similar to your "personal business advisor" at the bank. they remember your name and you get rushed through, but they work for a number of customers.

Comment

Quoth HoneyDippinDan View Post
      Hi everyone, it's been forever and a day since I posted here.
      Welcome back! At least to the posting side.

SC: I really don't care for the fact that I have to take time out of my day to figure out what I'm going to use points on!
      Okay, I'll offer you this handy little special deal just for you... I'll tell you what to spend your points on! See, you don't even need to figure anything out at all! Just spend your points on those little things right there - yeah those cruise tickets - and I'll take them off your hands for free! With that wonderful little offer there, you don't even need to take time out of your day to figure out packing or travel! Aren't I a great CSR?

SC: I threw out my old fridge over a month ago in anticipation of getting the new one and I've been having to feed my children rotten food this entire time.
      I heard variations of that very often... "my electricity went out three days ago because I didn't pay the bill on time and it's your fault that my kids are eating spoiled food or not eating at all, etc, etc..". Blahh.
      Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

I have a few customers who refer to me as their 'personal travel agent'.

Probably a hundred-or-so of them, unfortunately.

"So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth HoneyDippinDan View Post

SC: Your cash back really sucks. All me other cards give me a dollar for every dollar I spend with the card.

That's right, some of my customers have found magic credit cards that give them 100% cash back on their purchases. So if they make $1000 in purchases, send the credit card $1000 to pay it back, they'll be getting their $1000 sent right back to them, making these credit cards literally free money. This makes me feel stupid for working a job for money.

Hell, sign me up with that card company.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Where can I get that 100% cash back deal?

Something telsl me she dosen't understand the terms of her current rewards programs.

Comment

Working...
            X