Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't care what you make, deal with it. (Long Rant)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care what you make, deal with it. (Long Rant)

Dead idjet,

Look Dr. Importance, I don't give a flying hoot how long you've been waiting on hold for or the reasons why you need to get off the phone, the point of the matter is that I hold the power and I *HAVE* to follow procedures so shut and fuck it. You're NOT the only person on the phone waiting to be picked up, so I don't give a damn if you're a doctor, a professor, a shaman or a mother in labor -- FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, DEAL WITH IT! Your emphasizing the fact your an MD means diddly squat to me.

I don't answer nicely to people ignoring me and barking me orders to transfer them to so and so department, especially when, if you had just bothered to take a fucking minute to just LISTEN, you would have dialed into the right department. When your call beeps into my system, there is a procedure I must follow and YES that procedure requires me to ask for your name, address and e-mail to make sure that 1) I am in the correct account, 2) you're not Joe Shmoe passing yourself off as Dr. Importance. I'm sure when a patient comes into your office there is a procedure set in place to make sure the person getting treated is who they say they are and you're not treating the poor soul with iodine when he's allergic to shellfish.

Don't bark at me, Mr. I-have-gone-to-graduate-school-and-my-tuition-was-more-than-what-you-make-a-year-and-I-now-make-more-than-what-you-will-make-ever. It will only make me slow down to piss you off and believe you me, I am enjoying the fact that I have to make your all important ass 'waste his precious time' even if it means I have to deal with your important ass longer than I would like. Its a double edged sword, asshole, and I'm glad to fuck myself up with it.

If you cannot wait five minutes on hold and then answer three questions, then YOU SHOULD NOT BE ON THE FUCKING PHONE!

And although I am one sadistic fuck and like to 'waste' your time because you treat me like scum on your shoe, I have NO desire to lie to you and tell you there is no direct telephone number for the *COLLECTIONS* department unless you're in foreclosure. You can't even pay the deed to your piddly little fucking contract so don't come to me with airs about how much you fucking pay a month because records show you HAVE NOT and CANNOT pay your piddly fees.

You want to talk to in-house collections without talking to someone like me, then *SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN TO THE MENU!*

- Demise
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

I was going to offer a hug, but just in case you're still in HULK SMASH!!! mode, here...

*pours Bailey's over chocolate ice cream and slips it under the door*

I find that helps quite a bit.

I myself have had to deal with oil-company execs on the phone, and worse - their administrative assistants. I feel your irritation, trust me.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
      Don't bark at me, Mr. I-have-gone-to-graduate-school-and-my-tuition-was-more-than-what-you-make-a-year-and-I-now-make-more-than-what-you-will-make-ever. It will only make me slow down to piss you off and believe you me, I am enjoying the fact that I have to make your all important ass 'waste his precious time' even if it means I have to deal with your important ass longer than I would like. Its a double edged sword, asshole, and I'm glad to fuck myself up with it.
      Somewhat along those lines... Ex-co-irker J was like that. He thought that his college degree made him better than everyone...and would get upset if put on hold for a few minutes. Couldn't understand why the service he always received was bad...

One day, as I'm trying to work on the server, J kept busting my balls about all the money he was supposedly losing, and how he was "the most important person" in the office. Needless to say, after the third instance of that, the server repairs suddenly became more complex and time-consuming In other words, I took my good old time installing things, testing, and powering the thing up. Hell, I had enough time to not only play some solitaire, but a few rounds of mine sweeper as well. Gotta love it when the boss isn't around
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post

That sound good...
        Note to self: Try that...

As for the Dr... I hate people like that, yes you DO deserve some recognition for what you've done... that's why we call you DOCTOR... after that, you're just a regular schmuck like everyone else.
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Mr. I-have-gone-to-graduate-school-and-my-tuition-was-more-than-what-you-make-a-year-and-I-now-make-more-than-what-you-will-make-ever.
          Apparently he doesn't make all THAT much if he has accounts going to Collections.

The evil side of me thinks that's when you say, "Yes sir, you make more money than I do... but I pay my bills on time."

Comment

God, I hate these people. Had a customer a few months ago claiming to be the CEO of some major company and was staying in a resort town in my state. Their local FOX affiliate took a lightning strike halfway through the American Idol finale and lost the audio feed. Hissing, spitting, threatening to cancel and how much we (us repair agents) wern't "worth a shit" and how he was a big CEO and such. Googled his name, yep, he was a CEO for an incorporated tire repair store...and his reported earnings were shy of 100K a year. We have guys in our inbound sales team who make more. On the other hand, the very next customer was from the same area had the same issue. When I informed him of it, he said "Well, I guess I'll have to turn closed captioning on and hum along, hahahaha" and let out a big laugh and thanked me. The second guy? Former Lt Governor of the state, retired Congressman, $1B in net worth, and had a huge bridge named after him a few years ago. A title doesn't make you a man (or woman.)

Comment

You're NOT the only person on the phone waiting to be picked up, so I don't give a damn if you're a doctor, a professor, a shaman or a mother in labor -- FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, DEAL WITH IT! Your emphasizing the fact your an MD means diddly squat to me.

I don't answer nicely to people ignoring me and barking me orders to transfer them to so and so department, especially when, if you had just bothered to take a fucking minute to just LISTEN, you would have dialed into the right department.

Don't bark at me, Mr. I-have-gone-to-graduate-school-and-my-tuition-was-more-than-what-you-make-a-year-and-I-now-make-more-than-what-you-will-make-ever.

If you cannot wait five minutes on hold and then answer three questions, then YOU SHOULD NOT BE ON THE FUCKING PHONE!

I have NO desire to lie to you and tell you there is no direct telephone number for the *COLLECTIONS* department unless you're in foreclosure. You can't even pay the deed to your piddly little fucking contract so don't come to me with airs about how much you fucking pay a month because records show you HAVE NOT and CANNOT pay your piddly fees.

You want to talk to in-house collections without talking to someone like me, then *SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN TO THE MENU!*

- Demise

Somebody once said to me, those who brag the most have the least and Dr.All Important Asshat fits the description.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

These people suffered from low self esteem as children. This drive to prove their self worth to everyone can easily turn them into the a**holes we know today. I have a PHD so that makes me better than you.

Society collapses tommorrow. Neuroscience and all the medical disiplines like that are gone within a couple of years. Hey, my profession is dead the second all the computers die, but I have backups. I can survive. Just fine. But getting off topic....

I am a firm believer in the fact that these people don't need our respect or contempt. They need to be pitied. I feel sorry for these people who need to have to make another person miserable to make themselves feel better.

Anyway, I have no idea what I'm even saying right now, so, let these PhD a**holes get to you, and they win. Simple as that. Some people are seriously that petty and small, that they will intentionally make a problem where the is none, just to make themselves feel better by picking on an "inferiror." Know what I do when I get a beligerent douche-hat spoiling for a fight?

I smile and agree. Fight back and they win. Smile and agree, you are denying them what they truely want. The ruining of your day.

Regards All!
                Hello, I'm a Mac. My global domination plans are almost complete.

It's On Like Donkey Kong.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  Apparently he doesn't make all THAT much if he has accounts going to Collections.

The evil side of me thinks that's when you say, "Yes sir, you make more money than I do... but I pay my bills on time."
                  I was really tempted to but I let the guy in collections tell her.

Her excuse to not paying her bills on time? She didn't have the TIME to do it. That is, she didn't have the time to call in and set up an automatic payment. Seriously. wtf?

He basically told her 'Not having enough time to pay my bill' is not an excuse.
                  "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

That's f'ing brilliant! Why haven't I heard of this before?
                    Expect great things, but you'll get what you get.

PossJB

Comment

Quoth Machero View Post
                      TI smile and agree. Fight back and they win. Smile and agree, you are denying them what they truely want. The ruining of your day.
                      I second that. Nothing would torque off my co-irker more than someone being nice to him. Well, that and me later temporarily "losing" his paperwork
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I was going to offer a hug, but just in case you're still in HULK SMASH!!! mode, here...

I find that helps quite a bit.

I myself have had to deal with oil-company execs on the phone, and worse - their administrative assistants. I feel your irritation, trust me.

I am so having to go out and buy me some Baileys because these hurricanes have brought out the stupid in force.

-nod-

Comment

OOOOOO!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! I'm drooling!

I'd have to ask my sponsor if Baileys over chocolate ice cream would be considered a relapse.
                          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth PossJB View Post
                            That's f'ing brilliant! Why haven't I heard of this before?
                            Well, now you have, and you can impress your friends at your next party.

Or you could try the mint-chocolate Bailey's over vanilla ice cream, depending on your tastes. Bailey's is my personal weakness. Good thing it's rather expensive and therefore only for special occasions.
                            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Your emphasizing the fact your an MD means diddly squat to me.
                              Don't bark at me, Mr. I-have-gone-to-graduate-school-and-my-tuition-was-more-than-what-you-make-a-year-and-I-now-make-more-than-what-you-will-make-ever.
                              These two quotes make me question your caller's honesty about his education. I worked in a medical research lab for twelve years before I came to the software company and many of my co-workers had either MD degrees or PhD degrees.

MDs typically DO pay a lot of money to get their degrees, but they DON'T call it "graduate school," they call it "medical school."

So maybe he's a Ph.D. Anyone I've known who was a Ph.D. candidate in the biological sciences didn't pay to go to graduate school. They receive tuition and also a stipend to help with living expenses.

There are some who are go to school as MD/PhD candidates. I knew one guy doing that while I worked in the lab and I'm not 100% sure how his tuition was handled. He basically had to work on his PhD thesis project while going to medical school. He had no life, but he was a very nice easygoing guy, nevertheless. One of my ex-bosses also had both degrees but I don't know if he got them at the same time.

It also seems out of character from what I've seen of these guys. Sure. Some of my previous co-workers were arrogant pricks (or prickesses ) but they NEVER bragged about their degrees to those of us who didn't have them. They knew they'd sound stupid. And heaven forbid they appear stupid.
                              The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X