This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verifying Checks

Okay so we are all to aware of the frustrating process of dealing with checks So anyways....I have stated before that I do work at a well known thrift store. So it seems lately there has been a string of bad check bandits on the loose and we now have to call the bank to verify each check. Now being without any type of credit/debit machine this poses quite a problem for us poor store clerks. The usual wait time on verifying a check has been 8 minutes. I personally do not enjoy this and surprise neither does the customers. I suggested that this might become a bit of a problem and my recovering alcoholic manager informed me that I was basically being a whiner and to get over it. Now one paticular lady informed us that she was such and such's aunt's neighbor and that the people also waiting behind her knew her....I came ssssoooo close to saying "Is that right" and I suppose they know how much is in your account also ...But whatever. Also banks here close at twelve on Saturdays so we basically have to denie checks or take the chance and accept them....Huh I guess the head office didn't think about that one...Hell why would they They are all off on the weekend.
    Last edited by georgiab; 10-02-2006, 02:06 AM.
Working...
X