This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No bra=house fire?

Well, that probably got some people's attention. I had no idea what to call this.

Quick recap of my job: I take phone orders for clothing from some well known catalogs. Joy!!

I guess I'll just put the conversation as it happened.

Me: Yours truly
    BL: Elderly customer, who said she was blind

Me: Welcome to **** ****** Catalog how may I help you?
    BL: Oh thank you, first off, let me tell you, how much I appreciate you speaking slowly so I could understand you. I'm blind, and can't hear very well(um, how did you call here?)
    BL: I called the store here, and they were all like grumble grumble(thats as close as I can get to what she said)
    Me: *to myself* Sweet! This could be a good call for once!!
    Me: You're welcome ma'am, how may I help you?
    BL: Well, I need to order some Bali strapless bras, do you have any?
    Me: Well, let me check my catalogs here, and see what I can find for you.
    BL: Thank you sweetie.
    Me: I'm sorry ma'am, it looks like we do carry the Bali bras, but we currently do not have any strapless ones.
    BL: What do you mean you don't have any?
    Me: *to myself* Um, we don't have any, means they don't exist in our catalog.
    Me: Well ma'am it just means that right now, we do not carry the strapless ones, but we do have some *other brand* strapless bras

Her tone starts to change, has an elderly attitude with me

BL: Are they Bali?
    Me: No (*I thought I just said other brand name*)
    BL: Well, can you tell me what store in Florida has them?
    Me: I'm sorry, ma'am, I do not have access to that information.
    *thinking must transfer to Customer Service*
    BL: What do you mean, you don't?
    Me: *to myself...duh*
    BL: Well you are **** ****** right?
    Me: Well, actually, the catalog, and the stores are not affiliated with each other.
    BL: Can't you just look it up on your computer?
    Me: *to myself* Why don't you just call the store you 1st called? Obviously they are by you.
    Me: Ma'am, if you could hold, for a moment...
    BL: You are so stupid, what kind of a dummy are you?
    Me: Excuse me ma'am, please calm down.
    BL: You are telling me that you are so stupid, that if my house was on fire, and you didn't know my name, you wouldn't know who to call?
    Me: *losing brain cells as she speaks* ma'am, that has nothing to do with this, We do not have information on the stores, because we are not affiliated with them, we take catalog orders.
    BL: This is the store!
    Me:*Looks around* A clothing store with no clothes...brilliant!!
    BL: So you wouldn't know who to call then, is that what you're telling me?
    Me: Ma'am, please call that store again, and maybe they can help you out.
    BL: Haven't you heard of a phone book?
    Me: Thank you for calling **** ****** catalog, have a nice day.

What just happened?
    Last edited by orcprincess; 10-02-2006, 07:39 PM.
    Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

You: Oh! I see. You thought you were calling directory assistance. Sorry about that. You have the wrong number. You want 411. And if your house is on fire, the number is 911. Have a NICE day!
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
      You: Oh! I see. You thought you were calling directory assistance. Sorry about that. You have the wrong number. You want 411. And if your house is on fire, the number is 911. Have a NICE day!
      I wanted to say something along those lines, but I knew that particular call was being listened to, which is why I didn't know what to say.

Comment

Quoth orcprincess View Post
        BL: Haven't you heard of a phone book?
        Haven't you, you old battleaxe!
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
          Haven't you, you old battleaxe!
          She probably keeps it in her outhouse.

Oh wait, that would be the -Ears catalog.

Really, the thing for her to do when her house catches fire is to call and order strapless brassieres. My brain just commited sideways just trying to wrap around that bit of "logic."
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
            My brain just commited sideways
            Pardon my ignorance, but what the blazes does that mean?
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              "My brain just commited sideways"

I've been wondering that myself.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                I've been wondering that myself.
                Oh, you can thank my mom for this misnomer . . .

sideways: suicide.

I have a warped family. I'm the only one at home NOT on medication.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Me: Welcome to **** ****** Catalog how may I help you?
                  Off topic:

Are the first letters of the two words in the name of the catalog you take orders for "LB"?? If they are, I shop from that catalog all the time!! Totally love all the nice stuff that the catalog sells. (ok, I dont get out much).

Slightly back on topic: When I first started to order from there, I thought it was affiliated with the stores. The clothes looked very similar to what the stores were selling at the time. Now the stuff the stores sell I wouldnt touch. Seems like they went from nice, normal clothing to mostly trashy clothing. I much prefer the catalog now.

I think it actually says on the catalogs that the catalog is not affilated with the store.

Comment

Next time, if they don't believe that you are not affiliated with the actual store, then tell them that your computer has a virus and any searches will result in the caller's identity to be stolen (the virus is THAT good).
                    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

hmmm.....strapless bras to a house being on fire. I would hope to God that she doesn't call the catalog people if her house were on fire. She probably calls Home Depot to ask for their Lawn & Garden department so they could sell her a hose!
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

BL: You are telling me that you are so stupid, that if my house was on fire, and you didn't know my name, you wouldn't know who to call?
                        BWUH?!
                        *momentarily mourns loss of a few brain cells*
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                          Wow that comment reminded me of something funny... At my old job in the mall, people would call my store all the time asking for the phone numbers of our other locations. So one day, one of the kid employees asks the store manager for the number of location X because a customer on the phone wants to know. Jokingly, the store manager tells her, "411". The dumb kid proceeds to pick up the phone, and innocently state to the customer that the number for that location is 411. Not sure what the SC made of that... but I almost fell over the counter laughing... Sometimes our fellow employees are as dumb as our customers...
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post
                            Off topic:

Are the first letters of the two words in the name of the catalog you take orders for "LB"?? If they are, I shop from that catalog all the time!! Totally love all the nice stuff that the catalog sells. (ok, I dont get out much).

Slightly back on topic: When I first started to order from there, I thought it was affiliated with the stores. The clothes looked very similar to what the stores were selling at the time. Now the stuff the stores sell I wouldnt touch. Seems like they went from nice, normal clothing to mostly trashy clothing. I much prefer the catalog now.

I think it actually says on the catalogs that the catalog is not affilated with the store.

Yes, that is who I work for. Started out similar, now, we've pretty much broken from the stores.

Comment

"The fuel company?"
                              DILLIGAF

Comment

Working...
                              X