Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hes not a monster just because he looks like that.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hes not a monster just because he looks like that.

I swear I want to just shake and scream in these people's faces. In the lobby there is a custodian that is considered a giant. Hes 7 ft tall and weigh 500 lbs.He also has a rare disease,where everything he eats comes out on his body as fatty tumors. Only something like 7 people in the world has this.Anyways hes the biggest,most gentle,teddy bear in the world.He also lifts the lobby couches with one hand and hold them up as he vaccums under them. It autually amazing to watch. We alway have people that look and him strange and secretly try to take camera phone pictures without him knowing.Just today I told a group of people off,who the hell do they think they are,hes not a circus freak. If they just ask he would talk to them about his condition. The most distrubing thing is that we have the rich bitch pampered housewives and daughters that will be looking at the map,lost of course.Well he'll walk up and ask you need directions and the bitches will look at him and say no.But they wil say in that get away from me in that I'm better then you way(you know the one).But what really gets me is then they will try to come ask me directions.My response is always the same why don't you go ask the front desk. To tell you how gentle he is..
    We have little kids come in and just stand there in amazment. They usually follow him around and want to touch his muscles(their word for the tumors) and he'll get down to their level and just talk to them.Its a sad world when 3-4 year olds act better then adults. I guess I was just raised better.I remember I made fun of my aunt for being fat and I got my ass worned out. I was just taught not to think of people like that

It's pretty sad, but the baby boomers were raised to be spoiled, self-centered and worthless. They raised their kids that way, and now their kids are raising their kids that way. Odd that the baby boomers parents had the sand to fight and win world war II, but couldn't bring themselves to spank their children.

Comment

Hey.. Life's tough.. People who continue to try to do the right thing, make it bearable. Keep up the good work.

Comment

i used to have a next door neighbour who was a spit for Bam Bam Bigelow (wrestler for those not in the know) big beefy guys, bald with tattoos all over his head, yet he was one of the softest spoken most gentle guys i've ever met. I've found it's the small men who are the most dangerous.

Comment

when I was staying in the hostel last week, we had a girl there with some kind of bone wasting disease, she used an old persons walker to help her walk and she shook but there was nothing wrong with her brain, she just spoke a tiny bit slower than normal

these two girls are there for one night, and when she comes in to the room they start laughing at her and taking photos.....

I couldnt believe what they were doing

who does that!!!
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post

who does that!!!
            People who were not raised right,thats who.
            Last edited by Ree; 09-11-2008, 05:19 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Do you know the name of this disease? I would like to look it up on google, so I can get an idea what his "muscles" look like.

Comment

I can't even begin to spell it or even say it for that matter. Basically think of the elephant man tumors,kinda like a big wort.But these only cover his arms,legsand back and stomach. Basically everything he eats turns to fat which comes out in the skin as these tumors. Somehow even a salad will turn to fat,don't ask how.His body doesn't work the same as ours. I've talked to him about thos stuff in detail,hes very open about it. I guess they can be removed but they will come back again and he has them on the inside of his body too. The started coming on around age 14. He was over 6ft tall in the 4th grade. So he is considered a autually a giant with a size 18 foot. The funniest part is the voice.Imagine andre the giant's voice without the acsent. Heres a imagine for you all. One day he cuts himself,not bad.So I tell him to come into the shop and I will fix it. So heres this big giant man and heres a 4'11 inch woman treating a wound. It just looked funny I'm sureIt would be some reading to research the disease to see if all the people that have this are bigger people,that could have something to do with it. What ever you do people do not invite this man over to dinner. An average breakfast for him:
                4 sausages
                5 eggs
                a pound of bacon
                4-5 biscuits
                3 pints of milk
                1/2 gallon of water
                a bag of doritos(I dunno for breakfast)
                4 oatmeal cookies(once again I dunno)

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
                  elephant man tumors...
                  If memory serves (and it so rarely does), one hypothesis for John Merrick ("The Elephant Man")'s disease is Proteus Syndrome. However, John Merrick was of normal height, and his 'tumors' were scattered all over his body. For example, one arm was rather normal looking, and the other one was extremely swollen.

Go Go Gadget Wiki!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Merrick
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

People are just so rude sometimes I'll admit though, I wouldn't ask him becuase I would have no idea how to without sounding rude or nosey.

All this talk of threatening looking people being softies reminds me of this http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/24/ny...ity/24pet.html
                    The worst is not,
                    So long as we can say, 'This is the worst.' (King Lear IV.1)

Comment

It was believed for years that John Merrick had Neurofibromatosis. There are two different forms of Neurofibromatosis. Type 1 is found on the 17th Chromosone and Type 2 is on the 22nd Chromosone. My husband has Type 1. He has fatty tumors all over his body. These tumors are formed becuase the fibron around the nerve tissue goes into overdrive. He is of average height. He has had several of the tumors removed in the past and is facing additional surgery before the end of the year.

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
                        It was believed for years that John Merrick had Neurofibromatosis. There are two different forms of Neurofibromatosis. Type 1 is found on the 17th Chromosone and Type 2 is on the 22nd Chromosone. My husband has Type 1. He has fatty tumors all over his body. These tumors are formed becuase the fibron around the nerve tissue goes into overdrive. He is of average height. He has had several of the tumors removed in the past and is facing additional surgery before the end of the year.
                        Belive it or not that is not what this is.The tumor thing was just to give a example what the tumors look like. It has to do with how his body digest food/stores it. Its just weird.If I get a chance tommorrow I will ask what his is called. The human body is so bizarre.These people that laugh and point are lucky if they never have to deal with weird body defects.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
                          An average breakfast for him:
                          4 sausages
                          5 eggs
                          a pound of bacon
                          4-5 biscuits
                          3 pints of milk
                          1/2 gallon of water
                          a bag of doritos(I dunno for breakfast)
                          4 oatmeal cookies(once again I dunno)
                          I don't mean to sound crass, but why would a man who has a disease where fat exudes from him, eat so much fat? All of that stuff is pretty fatty.

Comment

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
                            I don't mean to sound crass, but why would a man who has a disease where fat exudes from him, eat so much fat? All of that stuff is pretty fatty.
                            The disease he has turned everything into fat,so it doesn't matter.And in his words I'm a big man,A big man.I need more then just rabbit food.Imagine a 7 ft man with a andre the giant voice saying this.

Comment

He sounds positively delightful to be around. Shame on those people for being so rude to him.
                              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
                              X