This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son screws up, mother redeems

Not sure if this goes here, but here goes nothing.
    If you read one of my previous threads you'd know my building was recently turned into a makeshift drive thru! So we had to put caution tape over the entire aisle (women's shirts-our most popular!) and the entire section of the wall that was being worked on was under a tarp (making it look like we were being fumigated. Had some fun with that analysis!). Anyways, this young kid who was maybe 3 or so managed to duck under the tape and was exploring. I ran over as fast as I could, but not before the kid fell and got some fiberglass fibers on his body I was expecting (due to the nature of the cust's reactions to similar situations on this site) for the woman to blow up and threaten to sue the store. I was pleasantly surprised when she calmly walked up to the register and asked for some tape. I gave it to her which she used to clean off the kid. Not only did she nor the kid complain during the whole ordeal, but she taught me a lesson: showers are bad when you have fiberglass on you. Any cust who can teach me something is alright in my book. Mod's move if needed.
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoth scroob View Post
    Not only did she nor the kid complain during the whole ordeal, but she taught me a lesson: showers are bad when you have fiberglass on you. .
    That makes sense, since the fiberglass will cut into the skin if you rub it.

The same trick works well for removing cactus spines from the skin. A bit of duct tape over the affected area and pull it all off, along with any hair in the area...

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
      That makes sense, since the fiberglass will cut into the skin if you rub it.

The same trick works well for removing cactus spines from the skin. A bit of duct tape over the affected area and pull it all off, along with any hair in the area...

Eric the Grey
      I wish I had known that when I fell into the cactus plants when I was 6. Took my parents *hours* to pull out all the ones they could see.
      "There is a sadist inside me. She likes cake." - Krys Wolf, my friend

In a coffee shop in Whitehouse, Texas: "Unsupervised children will be given two shots of espresso and a free puppy."

Comment

That customers hubby must work in construction. My Dad does and uses tape to remove fiberglass too.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Can we say - "Go Mom" she recognized the store did what it could to keep people out of an area . . .her todler found a way in anyway. (as todlers are prone to due even if you have two eyes on them 24/7)
          She just took care of the situation and didn't become demanding or over react that her son could be hurt.

Comment

Wow, good for that lady.
            You should have given her some free stuff, and then told everyone else who then also demanded free stuff where to shove it.
            We need to condition this response in people!
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

That's awesome! Hell, I would have given her free stuff.
              Check out my cosplay social group!
              http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Way to go Mom!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

and i bet that kid will think twice before crawling past yellow caution tape from now on.

fiberglass sucks! I once handled some at work, not knowing... all night long (i was night shift)... i was pulling fibers from my hands. it was like having tiny pins stabbing my skin... and i couldn't get all of them out right away. bleh

Comment

She did get free stuf ... unless she paid for the tape! ;D

Comment

Way to go mom! I wish my Dad knew that trick... He works in heating and air, and I was working with him for a while.... As most of you probably know, insilation is pretty much nothing but fiber glass... That stuff ITCHES!!!!! It took me days to get it all off

Comment

Another trick to get fiberglass out of your skin is to take a new bar of soap and rub it once lengthwise down the affected area. You'll have to throw the soap away, but it should work.

Comment

Oh, you know, that's good to know, I did not know that!

Also about the cactus. I'm always getting prickly pear spines in my hands (I have them growing in my yard and I've also potted some up for my deck, they have georgeous flowers) and man do I have a short memory when it comes to handling those things.

Comment

I don't have the authority to give out free stuff, though in that case I would have. She did make my night, mentally, easier though.
                            I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X