Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Break the door handle or glass and you'll pay for it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break the door handle or glass and you'll pay for it.

I swear we all could write a book on stupid people and closing time. So once again we had the evening worker call in,and I COULD NOT work past 4:30 or I wouldn't have a ride home. So I have to close the store early. Well I closed the door and put up a sign.I'm standing there in the dark counting money,hell a pet rock could tell that we are closed. And I hear BANG BANG on the glass door/window and violent shaking of the door handles.I mean he almoost broke the door/glass. I had to stop counting and autually go tell this dumbass that we are closed to stop before he breaks the glass.And of course what does this poor excuse for an adults do? He rolled his eyes at me,cussed me and screamed in my face.He showed me whos the big man.He was over 6ft tall and I'm just 4 foot 11.
    So I shake my head and go back to counting money...And I hear BANG BANG again.It was a different dumbass. This time I refused to go to the door. This always amazes me.I've had woman autually hold their infants and toddlers up to the door after banging on it,yes lady that baby/toddler is really cute,but I don't care. Because I would have to finish this deposit and then recount the money and then reopen the register.And then you probadly wouldn't even buy anything. What is wrong with these people? They are like grownup children that have never heard the word no. NO I won't reopen the store!!!!

Window and door bangers after closing time are a huge pain in the butt. Especially if you're working in a pitch black store closing up....hello, it's dark....not open!

That used to scare the beejezus out of me when I'd be concentrating on making a new till and doing paperwork and someone would bang on the window or reef on the door really hard. Like they thought continuing to tug would make it open?

One night, Christmas Eve 2005 to be exact, I closed early and everything was pitch black and I was almost ready to go and a van pulled up to one of the pumps. They saw my shadowy figure inside getting everything ready to go, kept staring me down, and then they had the ultimate plan. Now bear in mind, it was below zero outside......they had their young son, who was probably between 3-6, get out of the van, grab a nozzle, and try to get me to authorize the gas pump. Sorry...that doesn't work with me. I'm sorry you need gas, but there are 24/7/365 stores all over. Go away.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      One night, Christmas Eve 2005 to be exact, I closed early and everything was pitch black and I was almost ready to go and a van pulled up to one of the pumps. They saw my shadowy figure inside getting everything ready to go, kept staring me down, and then they had the ultimate plan. Now bear in mind, it was below zero outside......they had their young son, who was probably between 3-6, get out of the van, grab a nozzle, and try to get me to authorize the gas pump. Sorry...that doesn't work with me. I'm sorry you need gas, but there are 24/7/365 stores all over. Go away.
      Is it not illegal to allow a person under 16 to pump fuel?
      Otaku

Comment

Good question PRB. It is were I'm from (western NC originally).
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. And if it is a law, I never see it enforced.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth prb View Post
            that varies from state to state... some states don't have any laws regarding who pumps gas and at the other extreme some states only allow employees to pump... so the no under 16 rule wouldn't surprise me if it existed somewhere.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth prb View Post
              not in Illinois or Alaska, and I pumped gas in other states before I was 16(we drove from IL to AK when I was about to turn 14), but I'm not sure if it was legal in the states we just passed through, we never thought to check. In Alaska they have a button on the outside of the building you push to shut off the pumps and allow people to pump gas with the station unattended

Comment

Quoth prb View Post
                In South Australia it's 16, which also happens to be the youngest age at which you can hold a learners' permit.

When I worked at a site that closed at midnight, I once had some idiot trying to fill up, then demanding I re-open the store just for him. Because I was fed up with idiots and felt like being a smart arse, the end of the conversation went:

SC: But I'm almost out of petrol, what am I supposed to do?
                Me: Plan ahead?

Comment

The Brooks Pharmacy I worked at use to be open twenty-four seven. Well, six months after Rank Aid came in and did their paint-powder-reset people still hadn't gotten the memo that we were no longer open all night.

So there I was waiting for my ride. It's the middle of the night in February so the snow is coming down hard and it's freezing like hell. The lights in the store are still on because the closing supervisor decided to straighten some shelves or whatever, (this guy wound up being fired later on for doing some suspicious price modifications on the register so don't feel sorry for him)

This woman pulls up in her car and gets out. She walks up to the door and sees that it's not opening. She waves her hand. Then she tries prying it open with her hands and foot. She looks over to me.

"Brooks isn't open 24/7 anymore?"

I look up at the really large blue and white RANK AID sign in the parkinglot. Then I look at the large blue letters on the side of the building that clearly spell RANK AID.

"No." I replied. "Brooks isn't open 24/7 any more and neither is Rank Aid."

Comment

Quoth nomorecarts View Post
                    not in Illinois or Alaska, and I pumped gas in other states before I was 16(we drove from IL to AK when I was about to turn 14), but I'm not sure if it was legal in the states we just passed through, we never thought to check. In Alaska they have a button on the outside of the building you push to shut off the pumps and allow people to pump gas with the station unattended
                    It is in Florida. I don't think it used to be (or was never enforced) because I was pumping gas when I was 10 or 11.

Comment

Working...
                    X