Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first sucky customer & me without caffeine!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first sucky customer & me without caffeine!

Darkness (the Rawking Manager) got to have today off, so the other Assistant Manager (*not* AssMan as he's at the other store now, but a new Assistant Manager), opened up with me.

Unfortunately, I unlocked the doors at 10:01 A.M. (We open at 10 A.M.)

There was a guy waiting for me as I unlocked the doors & I greeted him with a cheery "Good Morning!"

He told me: "I was about to leave."

I thought about this and shrugged, thinking to myself, "Yes, you could have left, but you didn't. I can't make you come here. It's not like I have a lasso and can lasso people into the store."

He looked at me, laughed nastily and said, "Yeah, you have so many customers that you don't give a rat's ass if a customer leaves before opening."

I rolled my eyes (internally) and greeted the other 6 people who showed up right after him.

After the guy left, I ranted to one of the regulars & the Assistant Manager. Both understood my irritation.

Sheesh, what crawled up that SC's ass and died.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Oh man, I used to hate that. We opened our doors at 10 AM sharp, by the register's clock, mainly because if we were late at ALL, the security guards in the mall would ticket us for opening late. When I'd come in at 9:45 or so, I'd have people lined up in front of the store.

Of course, store policy said I couldn't enter through the back door (cuz I'll steal if I go through the back, but won't if I go through the front, right?) so I'd have to push through everyone, and they'd bitch they couldn't go in early.

Then, at 10 exactly, when I'd open the doors, half of those people would have left, because they didn't want to wait til opening....

and people wondered why I hated opening shifts...
      Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Yeah, I hadn't seen the guy before, so I don't think he was a regular. Maybe he didn't have any coffee yesterday morning either? As for me ... I blame Darkness for not getting me coffee (even though he wasn't there. Hehehehe).

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
          Maybe it didn't die...
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
            Maybe it didn't die...
            I think you've got it.

These are the folks who think that microwave food takes too long.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

You think that is bad? Try explaining to a bunch of video game nerds who have been camping out outside the store since 4pm, why the store doesn't open until 12:01 on midnight release night.

Because we can. And what are you going to do about it? Leave? Naw, not without your precious GTA.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy View Post
                a bunch of Angry Video Game Nerds

Edited for my own amusement.
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Something did *not* miss while rehabbing my knee instead of being at camp:

Everywhere I have worked we take campers at 2 PM. Every stinking week we have some family show up at noon. They go to main check in and find no one, so of course they go looking. They always seem to be surprised to find us all in the dining hall eating lunch.

Comment

His head...
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

he just didnt let the gerbil out last night
                      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                        Ow! Coke through the nose - it hurts! Yeah ... that's it. I just hope the guy doesn't show up this upcoming Saturday. I'd lock him out on purpose!

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                          ARMAGEDDON!

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                            Maybe it didn't die...
                            Don't more people than we care to hear about have to go to various ERs for that?
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                            X