This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beuller? Beuller?

Had this conversation today. Side note: The arches I work at requires front register runners to take the names of people who place food orders, so we can call customers by their name, instead of their order.
    Anyway.
    Had this conversation today.

M: Me
    G: Older guy.

*ordering of food discussion*
    M: Can I get your name sir?
    G: What?
    M: Can I get your name?
    G: Steve, why?
    M: Steve? *double-checking, hard for me to hear over the noise from the grill area right behind me*
    M: What?
    M: Your name sir?
    G: My name?
    M: Your name?
    You can see where this went. And it continued another five minutes or so.

Of course, I *sarcasm* LOOOOOVE */sarcasm* all the people who get defensive about me asking for their name.
    Look, do you see me pulling the pen from my pocket?
    And positioning your receipt so I can write on it?
    What the hell do you think I'm gonna do with your name?
    Not as bad, but there are people who will give me their full name... And then wonder why I'm only writing down one.
    "I call murder on that!"

I've never had a problem with those types of places and I think it's better then when they give you a number becuase sometimes you might not remember the number. Of course, usually make sure they spell my name with a 'y' and well, I'm not that picky about it. I don't understand why anyone would give you their full name but I guess people don't really understand the concept behind it and it's probably not safe either especially with the Internet (well, that's if you're an SC). Oh, I mean if someone is unconfortable giving out there name then they can always give out a fake name but they just have to remember they gave them that name.
    Last edited by rdp78; 10-03-2006, 01:46 AM. Reason: added something
    Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
    My space
    Facebook

Comment

Finally came up with a good response to, "Why do you need my phone number?" (It's for legal compliance, sir. Since you are leaving your personal property in our care, we are required by law to acquire a reliable means of contacting you should you fail to recover it within a reasonable duration.).

And now all of a sudden, it seems like every third customer has just come down with a severe case of major paranoia....
      "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
      -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Quoth rdp78 View Post
        Oh, I mean if someone is unconfortable giving out there name then they can always give out a fake name but they just have to remember they gave them that name.
        That's actually something that's worried me recently. I've noticed a lot of 'Bob's coming through, and wondering just how many of them are really named Bob...
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

We do the same thing where I work. My name is impossible to spell and cannot be pronounced by your puny human tongue. So I just make something up if I'm at one of those fast food restaurants where they ask your name. Say, do you ever get someone in your line whom has an otherwise typical name spelt and accented in a strange fashion for the sake of their indentity crisises? Whom demands that it be spelt and pronounced correctly even though they'll never see you again? "No, it's not an-DRAY-a it's ON-dray-A, and that's with two 'R's and a 'J,' worthless food slave!"

I get that a lot.
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Frankly, I'm sick of having a common as dirt name, and in a case like that, would probably give a fake one just to reduce confusion between me and the other 4 guys waiting with the same name.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
              We do the same thing where I work. My name is impossible to spell and cannot be pronounced by your puny human tongue. So I just make something up if I'm at one of those fast food restaurants where they ask your name.
              I never thought of that idea. I just either give my husband's name (if he's with me) or resign myself to misspellings (if the pronunciation is close enough I can figure out you mean me, I'll probably answer).
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                Frankly, I'm sick of having a common as dirt name, and in a case like that, would probably give a fake one just to reduce confusion between me and the other 4 guys waiting with the same name.
                "Damn it Neil, the name is Nuwanda."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

I think I could respond with, "My designation is 3 of 5"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    "Damn it Neil, the name is Nuwanda."
                    :snickering: Awesome Dead Poet's Society quote!!!!!!!

I haven't seen that movie in so long...
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      Had this conversation today. Side note: The arches I work at requires front register runners to take the names of people who place food orders, so we can call customers by their name, instead of their order.
                      Anyway.
                      Had this conversation today.

M: Me
                      G: Older guy.

*ordering of food discussion*
                      M: Can I get your name sir?
                      M: Can I get your name?
                      G: Steve, why?
                      M: Steve? *double-checking, hard for me to hear over the noise from the grill area right behind me*
                      M: What?
                      M: Your name sir?
                      M: Your name?
                      You can see where this went. And it continued another five minutes or so.

Of course, I *sarcasm* LOOOOOVE */sarcasm* all the people who get defensive about me asking for their name.
                      Look, do you see me pulling the pen from my pocket?
                      And positioning your receipt so I can write on it?
                      What the hell do you think I'm gonna do with your name?
                      Not as bad, but there are people who will give me their full name... And then wonder why I'm only writing down one.

I used to work in my parents' deli a few years ago before my dad got most of his stuff automated. Well I was taking this one lady's order, and then I asked her what her first name is. Well she yelled at me saying I shouldn't ask such a question.

SC: "Why do you need my name?"

ME: "Because you're not the only customer here right now"

SC: "Well why do you need it?"

ME: "So I can call you up here when your order is ready."

SC: "I'm still not giving you my name!"

ME: "Ok, I'll say 'Hey you' when your order is ready." Then I kind of laughed, and so did she . . . .

Comment

Quoth FloridaLizardQueen View Post
                        I used to work in my parents' deli a few years ago before my dad got most of his stuff automated. Well I was taking this one lady's order, and then I asked her what her first name is. Well she yelled at me saying I shouldn't ask such a question.
                        See now I can't get away with this, given that I need a phone number. But when it's just a first name, you can totally throw it back in the customer's face:

C: Why do you need my first name?
                        U: So I can steal your identity, buy an expensive car and get elected president.
                        C: That's not funny.
                        U: *shrugs* What could I possibly do with your first name??
                        "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                        -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
                        X