X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Customer...

What is with people on craigslist?

I'm trying to sell a Wii, eith a bunch of accessories (including a charger for the remotes) all total it's about $370 worth of stuff.. I'm asking $150.

Lady contacts me and asks if there's anything wrong with any of it. I tell her one of the charger slots has a slightly bent pin (but still works fine), then she can test it out before hand. While this would be nice, unfortunately, I can't do that.

1. I like to meet people half-way at a public place when selling or buying anything through craigslist. It's safer, and I don't want people knowing where I live.

2. It's not MY house, I can't let some random stranger in.

So she gets back to me, saying that she still wants it, but since she can't test it, and there's a pin bent, she'll only give me $100 for it...

Yeah right lady... I'm not taking $50 off the price for a bent pin, the charger only cost $35 BRAND NEW!
    Last edited by Lingering Grin; 09-29-2008, 06:10 PM.
    <Insert clever signature here>

Then the chance of you selling it is kinda low. I don't blame her for requesting this, I have done it in the past with PS2s (the most recent purchase was a modded PS2, which upon testing discovered it didn't work).

She's trying to minimize her loss by seeing if you'll sell for less. I don't think she's being sucky.

On the otherhand, is there TV store you can take it to to test or maybe she'll allow you to go to her house to test the equipment first?
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The thing is though, it does work

$50 is a ridiculous amount to request I take off... if she said $140, I might have said yes. but $100? Get real.

Comment

You willing to ship?
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Only if you can wire me the money, and pay for the shipping =\

This is basically emergency money that I'm using to get myself out of this hellhole of a city, and my flight leaves Wednesday morning, so I need it pretty quick. Sorry

Asking here was actually my first thought when I decided to sell it... it would just take too long

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
            The thing is though, it does work

$50 is a ridiculous amount to request I take off... if she said $140, I might have said yes. but $100? Get real.
            You know it works, I know it works (what reason would you have to lie to me? I'd eat you for breakfast) but the customer doesn't know it works. Give her the benefit of the doubt or move on to the next customer.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
              You know it works, I know it works (what reason would you have to lie to me? I'd eat you for breakfast) but the customer doesn't know it works. Give her the benefit of the doubt or move on to the next customer.
              Oh I already did, just sold it to a guy for $170 lol.
              (Two people wanted it, and he had the highest offer )

Well... I think he did, there was one other person, but he only spoke Spanish... and I don't know Spanish, kinda hard to talk prices with him =\

Comment

Ah well. A quick look at my finances suggests I should not have offered in the first place.

But Grats on the sale.
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Too bad you're so far away. I'd buy it in a heartbeat for $150!!!!
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Have a safe trip.

Comment

Working...
                    X