This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blamed for the loss of a house.

Anyone familiar with closing escrow will know that the companies are exeedingly anal about when the papers get signed and when they arrive and everything before, between, and after.

Ok so last Thursday at 4:30pm, 30 minutes after our air mail gets picked up by the air driver on its way out of town to go on the plane for next day delivery, a woman walks in with an envelope with a pre-paid next day air label.

I tell her I'm sorry, our air pick-up was at 4:00.

She says shit its loan documents, is there anything we can do.

I said I am sorry, by now the driver is in the town over and he wont be able to drive all the way back, she missed the pick-up by half an hour.

She says do you have another pickup.

I say yes, but he ONLY PICKS UP GROUND shipments, he wouldnt be able to garuntee that a next day air label would make it on time, that I will TRY TO GET HIM TO TAKE IT FOR HER, BUT I CANT GIVE ANY PROMISES.

The woman says she understands, leaves the envelope, and exits.

The ground driver wouldnt take the envelope, for fear the carrier would be held responsible if they showed up late. So they sit at our store, go out at 4:00 with the Friday air pickup, and get delivered on Monday. Late.

Raging bitch from loan company calls saying I have lost many people thousands of dollars because they weren't able to close on Friday. She said that the woman who dropped off the envelope on Thrusday was told they would go out that day with our next pick-up and she is holding me responsible.

I explain what actually happened to no avail, and get hung up on. I suspect I havent heard the last of it. Apparantly, it was all my fault that their documents were dropped off after the deadline and the customer didnt understand my very plain English.

D..
    D...
    D!!!

Comment

<Heavy mechanical breathing> The Fail is strong with this one....
      A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I'm a closer so i totally understand the time sensitiveness of documents being received on time. could the loan docs have been emailed instead?
        Standing on the moon With nothing else to do A lovely view of heaven But I'd rather be with you

Comment

Ano, I think you're asking the wrong person that question.

Okay, if it's time sensitive material, why are they sending it THE DAY BEFORE IT'S DUE?? That's like paying your phone bill an hour before the local store (not the phone company) before the cutoff time.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The number of foreclosures and upside down loans here in California has resulted in a large number of short sales on houses. These close VERY quickly, as opposed to standard escrow.

All I can suggest is that next time you refuse anything like that. Honesty, I saw the fail coming from the second paragraph.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth ano View Post
              I'm a closer so i totally understand the time sensitiveness of documents being received on time. could the loan docs have been emailed instead?
              That depends, some docs MUST be notarized, as I recall from our closing (7 years, 4 months ago tomorrow).
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                Okay, if it's time sensitive material, why are they sending it THE DAY BEFORE IT'S DUE??
                Sometimes, it takes that long to get all the appropriate signatures, notaries, bank approvals, etc. We closed on the house we bought one day before it went to forclosure-- we even had the forclosure notices showing up after we moved in, which caused us a bit of confusion and concern.

Comment

Wouldn't it be smarter to just take the paper work to the location in person then?
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

No, the documents couldnt be e-mailed, the company needs the originals on hand.

No, I had nothing to do with any of that transaction but I'm a notary so I know how perfect everything has to be with some companies. Thats why I was (tried to be?) very clear about the documents probably being late.

No, it wouldnt be possible to deliver them in person because the property is in California and the title company is in New York.

Update: Woman who dropped them off called me later today upset (understandably) and said that she was sure she heard me say the papers would go out that day. I said that that isnt actually what I said at all. I dont know what they expect me to do about it at this point. Its already irrevocably fucked up. Thats what I told her (in nicer words of course) and her response was:

WELL I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE JUST FORGOTTEN ABOUT MY NAIL APPOINTMENT!!
                    **sob, click**

Ah, the truth is revealed. It was actually the elderly hispanic woman who does the manicures at the beauty shop next door to us. Her fault, clearly, for taking so long on those nails. Hey, but if you need your nails done, it kinda takes precedence over the less important things in life. Like buying a house.

Comment

THAT?! THAT is her excuse for not turning in paper work on time? She sat on it while she had her nails done??

Where's my "keel over" smiley? Ah, here it is.

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post
                        **sob, click**
                        HEAD --> DESK!
                        You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                          <Heavy mechanical breathing> The Fail is strong with this one....
                          Great line, remind me to 'borrow' it from time to time!

Glad to know where this lady's priorities are!

Comment

Seriously, how hard is it to go to the nail place, say I have a appointment at blank time, but I'll be right back cause I have to get something mailed next door and it has to be done right now. Somehow I highly doubt they wouldn't have been understanding.

Oh wait, now I remember, I'm not a idiot. Thats clearly too hard for her to do.

Comment

Quoth elysia View Post
                              No, the documents couldnt be e-mailed, the company needs the originals on hand.
                              sorry I misread, I was thinking the loan docs had not yet been signed, in which case i thought maybe they could be emailed in time for a closing...but since they were post closing, already signed and notarized....damn....

Quoth elysia View Post
                              Update: Woman who dropped them off called me later today upset (understandably) and said that she was sure she heard me say the papers would go out that day. I said that that isnt actually what I said at all. I dont know what they expect me to do about it at this point. Its already irrevocably fucked up. Thats what I told her (in nicer words of course) and her response was:

**sob, click**
                              she must be in the wrong line of work.
                              Standing on the moon With nothing else to do A lovely view of heaven But I'd rather be with you

Comment

Working...
                              X