Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not bringing you one of everything.

So during the summer we kept having this woman staying in the hotel that coming in my gift shop.This woman was in a wheechair and I understand that but...

This woman would come in and ask what candybars we had and then she would want me to bring her one of each to look at,we have 20 kinds of candy bars. After the third day of this I refused. Come on you know what a snickers or milky way looks like. I would have not been so mad had she made some attempt to help herself.We have a guy that comes in a wheelchair and he does everything for himself except reaching for the high stuff. This woman wouldn't even come up to the register to pay,she wanted me to come to her and get her credit card and then bring her card and slip to sign back to her. For a month everytime I seen her coming I wanted to scream,it also seemed like she came in when I was trying to close or stock the cooler so I could leave on time. It took 30 mins to get her out of the store.

This does seem strange. Was she lonely? Sometimes we'll get rather lonely customers who'll talk and talk and talk and otherwise try to extend the transaction time. The longer it takes, the more social they can be. Annoying yes, but also kinda sad
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I wonder how long she has been in the wheelchair.
      Some people seem to cope better with handicaps than others.
      While some refuse to accept any help unless they have no other choice, others seem to just turn into helpless creatures, depending on everyone to do their bidding.

That can be really frustrating to deal with, I know.

I believe you have mentioned on numerous occasions that your shop is very small. Perhaps the woman figures her wheelchair is too big to go all the way into the store, and is worried that she will knock over something and break it, so that's why she would prefer that you bring everything to her.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

bainsidhe does make sense. Stretch it out so she can have someone to interact with.

It could also be that if she has been wheelchair bound for a long time, she has gotten used to people taking pity on her and doing extra things that she doesn't even notice it anymore. Rather than appreciate these things, she started taking them for granted and now expects everyone to treat her extra special because she is in a wheelchair. Rather than live with their disability and keep on going, they end up living behind it.
        I feel crazy. Like I'm drunk and trapped in a water globe and someone won't stop shaking it.
        -The Amazing E
        Zonies social group now open!

Comment

It may not have anything to do with her handicap as well. She may be one of those "idiot on the park bench" type of people who tell every person they meet their life story, and anyone who listens to them long enough becomes their "friend", so they continue to keep bugging them and the vicious cycle goes on and on. I have a neighbor like that. I shudder to imagine every time he's out and about, he's at some store harrassing the heck out of some poor clerk who can't get away from their post and has to listen to all of his stories and doesn't have the luxury that I have, which is to just ignore him, pretend he isn't there, and if he continues to try to talk, go back inside and shut the door.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
          X