This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It starts! The Christmas SCs

For some reason they make the Christmas SCs a heartier breed. They're more determined to get what they want, more spoilt, more whiny and more apt to scream, "I want a manager!"

I just hired xmas staff and staff to replace Jemma and I get a customer of all customers. I've been letting my staff shoot most of the clients to get experience, and while I recognized her self-serving, shiny pout - (She's like in her late 30s and has a full set of braces?!) I didn't do anything, because it didn't click until after the session.

"BUT I WANTED TWO PACKAGES!!!!!!!!!!" She squawks, and my little protege handles it like she's been putting up with my customers for years.

"I'm sorry M'am.... It's one package per family, company policy," Laura replies, standing firm.

I only get into it with the customer when she starts getting overtly dramatic. "BUT WE'VE ALWAYS GOT TWO PACKAGES! WE'VE DONE IT BEFORE!!! I NEED ONE PACKAGE FOR TIMMY'S BIRTHDAY. I NEED ONE OF THE FAMILY TO STICK IN CHRISTMAS CARDS!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS! NEXT TIME WE'RE GOING TO SEARS!!"

Good Gord...

"WHERE IS YOUR MANAGER!!!?"

I give a little wave in her direction. "Here, m'am... Laura's right. It is one package per family."

"WELL WHO'S YOUR BOSS!? DO YOU REALIZE THAT I CAN GET IT CHEAPER!? DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT!? WHY SHOULD I PAY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FOR ALL THOSE OTHER PHOTOS WHEN I CAN JUST DO IT TWICE AND GET TWO PACKAGES AND IT'S CHEAPER THAT WAY!!!" She squawks.

"WHAT'S STOPPING ME FROM GOING TO ANOTHER STUDIO!?" She says getting all red in the face and laying it on thicker than the creamiest peanut butter. "AM I BLACKBALLED FROM ALL THE STUDIOS?!"

"Her name is DM... and I realize that it's cheaper, but company policy is one package per family. And you're not blackballed from all the studios (wow highschool drama class, much?!) I can't stop you from studio hopping. But again, company policy is one package per family." I show her a flyer.

"WELL I'LL BE PHONING HIM ABOUT YOUR BEHAVIOUR!!! I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU HAD GIVEN ME WHAT I WANTED, I WOULD HAVE SPENT HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS HERE!"

*SNORT* MMMKAY... "Well let's see what I can do. I can't give you two ad packages, but I can this one time switch the birthday pose and the family pose, so you can get the family pose as the package and choose some of the others as additionals like you were planning. We only do this once a month and I don't know what my associates have done in the last few days, so it may not work. The computer only allows me one a month," I said, laying it on nice and thick.

We walked to the computer and I brought up the order, I hit the appropriate keystrokes, and I was never so happy to have a slow dos computer, as it ticked and whirred we waited to see if the computer would 'let us' change the packages. I waved Laura over and told her in front of the customer. "See now that we've done it for Mrs.Smith we can't do it again until November, right?"

Laura nods, trying to keep a straight face.

So after we switch the packages, she ends up spending $130 on photos thinking that she pulled one over on us. When in actuality we pulled one over on her, instead of her spending $10.21 on the ad special, she ended up spending over $100 and still not getting what she wanted.

Yay... it's not even mid-October and we're already getting the self-entitled Xmas SCs... I warned my staff. "You think that's bad? Multiply that by 32 a day... Add screaming babies, screaming kids, kids that won't sit, parents that refuse to pick portraits and waste your film, and you have Christmas. Excited yet?"

*sigh*

christmas SC's already!?!?!?!?!

*curls up in fetal position on floor*

Inc one liners:
    " But its the SANTA PRESENT"
    "You ruined my christmas!"
    "Here's how its going down. i dont have a reciept but i want a full refund on this tree"
    "If its limit one per customer then i can just leave and come back and buy another over and over"
    "Wheres your toys!?!?!?" (this one will be fun since my new department is where toys USEd to be haha)
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
      " But its the SANTA PRESENT"
      Then Santa should be able to magically pull it out of his ass!
      "You ruined my christmas!"
      My job here is done!
      "Here's how its going down. i dont have a reciept but i want a full refund on this tree"
      "Heres how its going down. If you need a full refund, then I want a receipt on this tree"
      "If its limit one per customer then i can just leave and come back and buy another over and over"
      "Only if you want me to repeat policy to you over and over and over. Go ahead, knock yourself out." (pleeeeease)....
      "Wheres your toys!?!?!?"
      "At home in my toybox. Wheres your toys?"
      WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Noooooo! Not Christmas stuff already! Ahhhhh! My store started stocking the Christmas merchandise yesterday. Something about Christmas makes people more horrid. All that fighting and meanness over material things that don't really matter.

Comment

Quoth Cosmic Cat View Post
          Noooooo! Not Christmas stuff already! Ahhhhh! My store started stocking the Christmas merchandise yesterday. Something about Christmas makes people more horrid. All that fighting and meanness over material things that don't really matter.
          My store has had it's Christmas stuff set for over a week now!

So there!
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I walked into a JC Penny yesterday to see if they had a decent pair of khaki cargo pants or something like that.* I walked in, saw them setting up christmas stuff, sighed, turned around and walked out.

*OK, what the hell. All I want is a pair of casualish, loose fit pants for work, preferably cargo pants because I like the extra pockets. I can't find any. The closest ones I can find are the wrinkled looking ones or the the ones that have a very worn look to them. What happened to the pants I like?! *pout*

Comment

"I walked into a JC Penny yesterday to see if they had a decent pair of khaki cargo pants or something like that.* I walked in, saw them setting up christmas stuff, sighed, turned around and walked out."

This is why I shop online.

Really, I love Christmas. That's why I DON'T want to see this crap before it's even Halloween, while I'm still running around in shorts and flip flops. I like it to be special. Gaaaaahhhhh I hate stores this time of year.

Interestingly, I am thinking I'm not the only one. So if so many people hate it, WHY do they DO it????

Comment

Because for stores, Christmas is all about selling opportunites. Remember, each and every customer that walks through your doors, is now not only buying for themselves, but for each and every person in their life. And they are more likely to buy more things for the people in their lives if they have a longer time span to do so. People only have X number of dollars to spend, and you want them to feel guilty for using on themselves.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

^ That's why I don't mind when stores stock things that could conceivably be Christmas gifts, like certain toys (but not the TMX), or video games, or nice clothing, or the like. What I highly dislike is when they're putting up all the Christmas decorations and trying to sell the decorative merchandise before Halloween has even passed. ::gag-face::

A friend of mine noted recently that the house up the street from her has their Christmas lights up already.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I understand the logic, but to be honest, that crap actually puts me off doing early Christmas shopping. Like I see that and I resist because that fact they start so early irritates me, and I dont' want to encourage them.

I know I'm not making any difference except the one in my own head. But really, I do find it so off-putting it has the opposite effect on me.

Comment

Ugh Holiday's Already

I used to love the holidays before I went in to retail.

Thanksgiving is almost as bad, if not worse than, christmas. I work in a grocery store and people get super pissed if you don't carry the seasoning that they need. They probably only buy it because Rachel Ray told them to.

They come in the day of thanksgiving and act suprised that we're sold out of stuffing, turkeys, or cranberry sauce. You're not the only one celebrating, dumbass.

It's called shopping early, but if there is anything thing I learned about SC's is that they wait till the last minute for EVERYTHING.
                      --AmericanZero8503--
                      Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

It puts me off too, especially seeing as I have learned to seriously dislike Christmas Carols (Except for Christmas at Ground Zero, and The Night Santa Went Crazy), but I know where they're coming from. Fortunately, I have no guilt, or shame. Working on the whole embarressment thing.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                          ^ That's why I don't mind when stores stock things that could conceivably be Christmas gifts, like certain toys (but not the TMX), or video games, or nice clothing, or the like. What I highly dislike is when they're putting up all the Christmas decorations and trying to sell the decorative merchandise before Halloween has even passed. ::gag-face::

A friend of mine noted recently that the house up the street from her has their Christmas lights up already.
                          Don't hate me, but my Christmas tree has been up since LAST Christmas. We decided not to take it down and just left it up all year.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Fuck Christmas
                            Fuck Christmas Customers
                            Fuck Retail

When customers like this turn up, people wonder why I get snappy...

Comment

Quoth AmericanZero8503 View Post
                              I used to love the holidays before I went in to retail.

Thanksgiving is almost as bad, if not worse than, christmas.
                              They come in the day of thanksgiving and act suprised that we're sold out of stuffing, turkeys, or cranberry sauce. You're not the only one celebrating, dumbass.
                              Yes YES YESSS!!! Thanksgiving! ACK! What amazes me is the poeple who come in the day before and buy a 25lb frozen turkey. Duuuuude, that thing aint gunna thaw in time!And also on the day of, the people who come in to get the couple cans of olives to take to moms, only to find out we are sold out. Better. Planning. People!
                              WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Working...
                              X