This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read The Sign; It's So Simple

So my lotto printer was jammed and I was waiting for someone from tech support to call back. So I hung up a sign that said:

"Our lotto machine is temporarily unavailble. We cannot print or check lotto tickets at this time."

Now anyone with half a fucking brain would look at that and understand it.

Except this cranky old lady, she just stands there and I walk up and ask if she needs help. She points to my sign and says, "What does this mean?"

"Well our lotto machine can't print right now we're having trouble."

"So you can't check my tickets?"

"No."

"Well that was a waste of time.." and she walks off.

Are you kidding me? Can't you read the freaking sign. It wouldn't have been a waste of time if she would just read.

Just felt like I'd share that story of stupidity with you.
    --AmericanZero8503--
    Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Don't you know? SC's do not read. Ever. It could be a flashing neon sign, with beautiful pictures on it, describing the secrets of the universe, and SC's would just whine that the flashing was distracting them from their shopping.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Unless the sign indicates some kind of special deal, discount price, or freebee. Then they read fine, even 'too much'.

Comment

Well, obviously this lady DID read the sign. She just didn't understand the words "cannot".
        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

They can't even read those. Notice all the problems with buy one get one half off deals, or buy a specific size/brand and get $X off, etc. They just see "Insert Desire Here" every time they look at something sign shaped. This also explains their driving habits.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
            Unless the sign indicates some kind of special deal, discount price, or freebee. Then they read fine, even 'too much'.
            Actually, they would read only what they want to on those too.

'2 for $3 dollars? It must really mean 5 for $1!'
            3 Basic rules for ordering food.
            - Order from the menu.
            - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
            - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
              But only if it was expired or for the wrong product....
              "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
              -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

I to have dealt with this situation but it was years ago and the lottery had not been available but for just a few years...Well whenever our lottery machine went down it WAS DOWN...no calls from tech support or anything. So to the point I had customer after customers bypass all sighns informing them of this and become angry that I was not aware of when it would come back up...Finally I said I am sorry but have sighns posted on the door that state it is down and that's all I know!

Comment

Quoth georgiab View Post
                  Well whenever our lottery machine went down it WAS DOWN...no calls from tech support or anything. So to the point I had customer after customers bypass all sighns informing them of this and become angry that I was not aware of when it would come back up
                  They act like we know everything about lotto, why it went down and how. Then they want us to recite winning lotto numbers. I've looked at the commision reports, we really make hardly any money off the lotto. I wonder why in the hell we still do this. Then only customers I have are people buying a gazillion for an office pool or old people who don't know what they hell they want and want me to rattle off each game and how it's played. HI, I have a ton of other things to do then to worry about your stupid lotto.

I think Lottery is nothing more than a tax for dumb people.
                  Last edited by Ree; 10-07-2006, 01:02 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                  --AmericanZero8503--
                  Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

Quoth AmericanZero8503 View Post
                    I think Lottery is nothing more than a tax for dumb people.
                    No, the Lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.
                    Last edited by Ree; 10-07-2006, 01:03 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                    I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

Quoth AmericanZero8503 View Post
                      "Well that was a waste of time.."
                      "I agree. Have a nice day!"
                      WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

I had a customer who once told me it wasn't his job to read the "No alcohol sold at this register" sign I had up. I was underage at the time and my walmart wouldn't let minors sell alcohol. He got pissed and demanded a manager. He told the CSM they shouldn't be hiring kids.

Comment

Hrmph... SCs can't even distinguish between exit and enter, so with more than one word they're hopeless.

Comment

There was a color machine near the window that cost a dollar to use. There were signs all over it. Conversation follows:

SC: Why did that machine charge my card a dollar?
                            Me: It's a color machine. Color machine's cost a dollar to use.
                            SC: How was I to know that?
                            Me: There's a sign on the front.
                            SC: Well, I walked up to it and was standing too close to see it.
                            Me: There's another on the window.See?
                            SC: Oh. Well, I wasn't looking at the window.
                            Me: You didnt' see the one on the top of the machine?
                            SC: Uh, no. The lid was up. I just put my card in and started copying.
                            Me: And you didn't see the sign on the card reader?
                            SC: Look, I didn't see it, okay?
                            Me: Color machines cost a dollar to use. Next!

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                              Hrmph... SCs can't even distinguish between exit and enter, so with more than one word they're hopeless.
                              Or, Push & pull...

I love watchin' people smack into a door the wrong way
                              "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Working...
                              X