This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But Cheap Beer Makes My Head Hurt

So I have a guy come up to the counter with two 40 ounce bottles of beer. He asks me to price check them for him. One is a cheap $4 beer while the other is a locally made $7 dollar one.

He pulls out a mountain of change from his pocket and proceeds to count it out. He looks up and tells me he has $5 dollars in change. He sighs and then says "I'll guess I'll take the cheap stuff."

As I ring it up, he sighs again "I hate the cheap stuff, it gives me the worst headaches." So I offer a couple of suggestions, like getting two 24 ounces of another beer rather than a 40 etc. He shoots down my suggestions and gestures to the expensive kind "I really like this kind but I can't afford this unless..."

At this point I tense up just knowing what he's going to say next. "How about you charge me for the cheap stuff but let me take the expensive stuff." "Sorry I can't do that." I tell him.

He gets all pouty and whines "But the cheap stuff makes my head hurt." We go back and forth a couple more times before he buys the cheap beer and storms off.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
    So I offer a couple of suggestions, like getting two 24 ounces of another beer rather than a 40 etc. He shoots down my suggestions and gestures to the expensive kind "I really like this kind but I can't afford this unless..."
    So.... he turned down the idea of getting 48 ounces of beer at a better price?

-Wembley
    Originally Posted by edible_hat
    (also, wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?)

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
      He gets all pouty and whines "But the cheap stuff makes my head hurt."
      That quote and your username make for a beautiful partnership!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

wow total alcoholic

he KNOWS the beer is going to make him feel ill and yet he drinks it anyway rather than waiting until he has enough for the more expensive beer or buying less of the nicer stuff

thats classic alcoholic behaviour isnt it?
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

No, that's classic whiney bitch SC behavior.

Look, cheap beer sucks. I know this, being the Beer Meister that I am.

But when I can't afford the good stuff, you know what I drink? Right. Cheap beer. Why? Because a. cheap beer is better than no beer, and b. if I can't afford the good beer, I am not going to whine to the beer purveyor about MY problem, and try to make it THEIR problem.

Look, dude, the cheap beer gives you a headache? Don't fucking drink it. Your incessant cheapass whining gives ME a headache. Now make your purchase, drink your swill, and get the fuck out of here!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
          X