Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Remember The Year-Old Software Returner?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Remember The Year-Old Software Returner?

It was a hella long soap opera I posted right before the last hack.

Anyway, I just heard from Bryan (the reseller) today. He asked for a quote for a multi-user license.

I gave it to him and he asked, "That's the price? Even if the customer is a school?"

I answered, "Yes, it is!" just as cheerfully as you please.

I just REALLY hope the school isn't Bub's.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Ah yes, I remember. This was the one that the reseller was gonna take back and eat the cost even if you still refused to reimburse said reseller correct?

For your sake I also hope this is not the same school.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
      Ah yes, I remember. This was the one that the reseller was gonna take back and eat the cost even if you still refused to reimburse said reseller correct?

For your sake I also hope this is not the same school.
      Yeah, that's the one. Although what the reseller actually did was take it back and issue the refund. Then, when he realized we acutally took him at his word about eating the cost, he whined incessently to us about it until we caved and gave him something for free.

If it IS Bub's school trying to buy the current version, there is a small bright spot. The current version is the "future" version we offered for FREE to appease him and Bub flatly rejected that offer.

If he wants it now, it's going to cost him $2500.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
        At the time, I was sort of hoping that the school guy would never get anything from you guys, just to save your collective sanity. Now I want him to become your best customer...
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
          If it IS Bub's school trying to buy the current version, there is a small bright spot. The current version is the "future" version we offered for FREE to appease him and Bub flatly rejected that offer.

As a magician, I am often asked if I can predict the future or tell fortunes. Normally I don't, but in this case, I am getting a vision. I am seeing this guy coming to you, and saying:

"$2500 dollars? But you offered it to me free last time! Why are you trying to rip me off? Why can't I get it free?"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            As a magician, I am often asked if I can predict the future or tell fortunes. Normally I don't, but in this case, I am getting a vision. I am seeing this guy coming to you, and saying:

"$2500 dollars? But you offered it to me free last time! Why are you trying to rip me off? Why can't I get it free?"
            And the appropriate answer is...

"We here at (name of software company) believe that stupidity should be costly and/or painful. Your stupidity last time will now cost you $2,500!"
            "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
            --StanFlouride

Comment

Working...
            X