This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Blue Strips

This happened quite a while back at the grocery store I work at, but I haven't been able to figure this one out. Every time I tell it to people, they get a puzzled expression on their face.

The store was doing inventory, and little blue strips of paper were all over the store showing what had been counted. It's a 24 hour store, so we can't exactly have it done when there are no customers.

A man came into my line to be checked out, and he asked me "What are all these little blue strips of paper for?" I said "Inventory." then he said "I'm never shopping here again!" My reply? "Oh, ok." He didn't say anything else after that, but I thought it was very very strange.

*Erp* *eek* *pop* *fizzle* ...well, there goes another few brain cells lost forever to customer service woes
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

yah we have the same setup.....i love how people say 'this doesnt make any sense to me' 'its not supposed to sir'
      Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Last time we had inventory, one of the workers used our microwave to nuke some popcorn and apparently stopped paying attention to it, because they burned it so bad the entire store reeked of burnt popcorn and the inside of the microwave was blackened.

The stink was at gag level in the pharmacy because it's right next to the breakroom.

Back OT, how DARE you make sure you have accurate counts of stuff on the shelf? The Somewhere Else store never ever leaves little blue tags on their shelves!

Comment

AHHH!!! My stores inventory is only 3 months away.
          "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

Quoth El Barto View Post
            Aaahhh! The flashbacks! Make them stop!

Seriously, the ones they did at the supermarket weren't so bad. They had an outside company do what was on the shelves, and all I had to do was count the stuff in my bay in the back room. And since I didn't accumulate a whole lot of backstock, it was a breeze.

The home improvements store was a different story. We had to count everything ourselves, and those tiny pieces of trim were a real PITA to count. Luckily, my department wasn't in view of the front door and windows, so I didn't have to deal with people got all pissy because we closed early, and most likely yanked and pounded on the door. Still, I was in a horrible mood by the end of the night. Even the store manager wouldn't come near me. Thankfully, I only ever had to do one of those.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Ah inventory. I can't say I miss it one bit

At camp, we had to count all that crap by hand. It usually took all morning to do, and our counts *never* matched up with the sheets.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Pfft. At both theatres I worked at, we count saleable items at the end of every night, and almost every open. And we count bulk items every week to know what to order in. And all these counts have to match at the end of each night.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Last Inventory we had, the crew used the long peach colored strips. Before that, they were blue. It varies as to what color they use. I've seen white/red/blue/green/yellow/etc.

Our next one is FRIDAY. As in day after tomorrow.

I would SO love to call in dead.
                  Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 10-04-2006, 09:15 PM.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth El Barto View Post
                    AHH!! We have one once a month.
                    Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

most restaurants I worked in had one once a month.
                      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

At the store I work at now, they have inventory every few months. As a matter of fact, this past weekend was the most recent one. They have outside people come in for most of it, but the department managers still have to do their own counts.

As least I don't have to count anything. Woo hoo.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

At the Auto Parts store/warehouse I worked at, we had to count by hand. If it didn't match the sheet, try to find the missing ones, and then clean every box of dust or whatever else was on it.

Comment

Our inventory was a few months ago and it was like the entire store was taken over by people in red shirts and little strips of peach paper. I'm still finding those little strips to this day. The company that did ours...seriously...some of them would just look at a display and write down a number and then the store employee would have to go back and recount and come up with a completely different number than the inventory person. Ugh.

Comment

Lucky for me, I don't have to do inventory. Whenever I pull stuff from the back, I do a count of those items so that I'm always counting my inventory.

Of course, lately I've stopped pulling inventory. Now my staff does it.

Come to think of it... how come we've stopped getting headphones in?

Ruh-roh....
                              "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                              -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
                              X