This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crawley View Post
    3. Do not call and ask how old you have to be to rent a room. If you have to ask, you're not old enough.
    Kinda harsh and not really true. When i was 19 I ran afoul of differing hotens ans differing policies. One hotel in one state wold let me rent at 18, others didn't until 21. Once I ran into once didn't let me rent bacause I was under 25 (WTF?).

Now if I was reserving hotels I checked first, but at times I was on a long trip and didn't know what town I'd be in on a day-by-day basis. If I was driving and I drove into a low pressure weather system that caused me to have a sinus migrane. I might pull off the road after only 5 hours instead of my normal 8 so I didn't know what hotel I was going to be in.

If you have to ask, it's the fault of a society who agrees that you're old enough at the age of 18 to fight/kill/bleed/die for your country, but not old enough to rent a car, get a hotel room, or have a cold one after a hard day of work.

Mongo
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
      9. Please do not accuse the housekeeping of stealing your grandmother's pearls, or anything else you have temporarily misplaced. And if you must accuse them of stealing your things, when you finally find them at the bottom of your suitcase, please call and LET US KNOW so we don't have to keep wondering all day what happened.
      A friend and I went to a Depeche Mode concert (woohoo) a while back and rented a hotel like right next to the auditorium. Good times. Good times.....
      <smoke clearing>
      Anyways, I left my brand spankin new digital camera in the room and didn't realize it until the next day (imagine that) after we got home. (About an hour drive) I called the hotel, hoping, hoping, hoping, that it was turned in. I had my doubts. I was oh so suprised that housekeeping actually did turn it in. I was soooo thrilled to be reunited with my camera! (had to drive 2 hours to get it and come back)
      So how 'bout a shout out to all the honest housekeepers out there!
      WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

If you're gonna be shedding your victoria secret skimpy things in the bed, or playing with "toys" please try and be discret with where you leave them. When I worked for the motel in the laundrey room (night shift I did most of the towels/sheets/really nasty foul things) I couldn't begin to tell you what I came across. All I can say is thank good for gloves.
        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...
        X