This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor cleaning guys or thieves?

Yesterday, I get to work at 6 AM. Manager lets the floor cleaning guys in. They park their van where the back end of it is about 6 feet away from the doors (helps them move their equipment easier).

About 6:30, one of the floor cleaning guys yell, "Hey! Someone's at your door!"

My manager and I walk to the door. A police officer is standing outside.

Manager opens the door. Three police officers are laughing. Manager says, "Can I help you?"

The police officer shakes his head and says, "Can you believe someone called us because they believed the store was being robbed?"

Why oh why? The floor cleaning guys are there every single Friday since I can remember. On the brighter side, at least someone was looking out for us.
    At the end of the day, customers are NOT always right.

One time at my store, it was near closing time, and two of our Garden Dept employees, an early 60's female, and early 20's male, were dropping the tarps on our racks of bagged fertilizer, along the front sidewalk outside of our store.

They were apparently positioned in such a way that it appeared the male employee was frisking the female (she had her arms raised leaning against the rack, or something, and he was standing behind her.) A cop happened to be driving by, and upon spotting them pulled into the lot thinking the female was a shoplifter, and the male had caught her.

To me, besides the fact it was funny on that aspect alone, it seemed a bit ironic by appearances, since the feamle employee is attractive and well groomed, the male was a bit grubby looking.

It seemed like the "roles" should have been reversed!

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Well it does look kinda suspicious when a van pulls up that close to the front doors of a store. So I can see how that may draw some attention.
      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Working...
      X