X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Math 101

8+8=16

A lady called today and asked about our chicken orders.

I told her we had an eight, and a sixteen piece. *I should note here that getting a 16 piece is cheaper than getting 2 eight pieces*

C: I'll take 2 eight pieces
    Me: you mean the 16?
    C: No, 2 eight pieces. Last time I ordered the 16 piece, the pieces were all legs/wings
    M: I don't know why that would happen, but normally you would get 2 of breasts/thighs/legs/wings with an 8p, and 4 of each with a 16p.

*I think I should say that I was simply trying to get her to see she would get the same thing regardless of getting 2 8p. or one 16p.*

At this point she got snippy with me
    c: just give me the 2 8p.

*ok. fine. whatever. I really don't care, lady*

M: Your total is XX.XX.
    C: wow. that much?
    M:yes....
    C: how much is a 16p.?
    M: XX.XX
    C:I'll have that then *sigh*

I just died a little.
    Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

I think my brain just stopped.

Comment

Did you give her all legs and wings?
      WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

I think I felt a few braincells die while reading that.

Excuse me while I go weep for humanity.
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

My brain hurts.
          Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
            I think I felt a few braincells die while reading that.
            I just had a few million braincells cry out in pain while reading that
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

To paraphrase one of my favorite movies:

"There has been a great disturbance in the Force. Like trillions of brain cells cried out in pain and were abruptly silen.... OUCH! Me brain... um... ug... D'OH!"

...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
              - Cartman

Comment

I've had experiences like that when I've worked in the hot foods department. By the time I'd get home and log on here, though, my brain still hadn't recovered, so I'd never mentioned it.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Had a couple of older ladies come to me for lunch today. They ordered, which came ut to like 5.76 or something. They gave me a ten, I typed in the cash, and the drawer popped open, and I had started moving to make their change, when one of them piped up "I have a penny!"
                  So I stopped dead in my tracks to wait for her to dig out the penny.
                  The other woman looks at me and says "That'll mean $5 and a quarter in change."
                  No...! Really?
                  I look at her and let her know, "Yes, I was aware of that. I'm actually decent in Math."
                  "Oh, you just looked like you'd gotten confused."
                  "Um? Oh, no, I tried to do my 'I can hold' impression, not my 'I'm so fargin' confused' impression. I'm great at math, but terrible at acting, I guess."
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

It's also funny when you get people who are suprised when you can make the correct change when they hand you a few pennies/nickels/whatever to make an even amount.
                    I don't know what is worse:
                    People thinking I can't count, or the fact that the people have evidently come in contact with enough retail people who can't count, so they automatically think none of us can.
                    Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

I have the same thing happen to me at work, but it's with beer instead of chicken. People will come in, grab 3 40oz beers(all the same kind). When they get to the counter, I tell them they could buy a 12 pack for the same amount of money and it's more beer. 3 40s=120 ounces, 12 pack=144 ounces. They just don't get it. They also do the same thing with 22oz, buy 3 which is 66oz and more expensive than a 6 pack which is 72oz. I guess they think bigger bottle=more beer. Nine times out of ten they come back and get more when they wouldn't have had to if they listened to me in the first place.

This must be the reason they all have nothing but change left on Thursdays to buy beer with. But that's another rant.
                      USN Retired

Comment

I once had a lady and her daughter who was maybe 10 at the most get loud and extremely rude with me...Why??? because she had a three dollor credit and her total was 12.00 dollors subtract the three dollar credit and what do ya get folks...that's right 9.00. But for some reason neither of them could understand this basic math and wanted to know why was it that total when she had a three dollar credit. Okay I explained this to her about 400 times expecting her to eventually get it even when I took out paper and pen and showed it to her with stick figures..Nope she still didn't get it...her daughter even demanded I give her mama's money back So long story short I said look I am sorry but I can not think of any other way to show you this. She said she understood but with that yeah right I am getting ripped off attitude

Comment

Um, sorry to interject here, but if the bill was $5.76, and they gave you $10.01 after all was said and done, the change would not be $5 and a quarter, but $4 and a quarter.

Yes, I am a walking calculator.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Good Lord. Pretty soon I'll be all out of brain cells. They keep dying on me when I read stuff like this.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Um, sorry to interject here, but if the bill was $5.76, and they gave you $10.01 after all was said and done, the change would not be $5 and a quarter, but $4 and a quarter.

Yes, I am a walking calculator.
                              *sticks out tongue*
                              Of course, you're right. I'm also not entirely sure on any of the figures I used for the price, the bills handed me, or the change I handed back, besides that there was definitely a quarter involved in the return.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X