This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fargin' Monopoly! Makes people crazy!

I swear. I had this ever-so-wonderful moron show up and rant at me today, right around 1:30, if I remember correctly.

Guy comes into the store, a salad bag (note, these are plastic, as opposed to all our paper bags) in hand.
    M: You lovely neighborhood McD's dealer
    G: Old jerk
    K: Manager lady of supreme goodness, who is worried that I might move away from Missouri

G: "Where's my Monopoly pieces!" *note: Not a question, a statement, for certain*
    M: *blink, look at guy's receipt as he brandishes it at me. He ordered: a crispy bacon ranch salad, and a medium soda* "I'm sorry, sir, what exactly did you order that you think you should've gotten Monopoly pieces for?"
    G: "You mean you don't get pieces with everything?"
    M: "No sir, you get pieces on those chicken sandwiches, there*pointing up at the menu*, Large fries, and any soda cup above a medium, but not including the Hugo."
    G: "So, it's biased toward people who are trying to eat healthy?"
    M: *blink, blink* "I suppose so."
    G: *storming off toward the soda counter* "Where's your manager?"
    M: *point toward the drive through window area at my manager who's busy taking orders for drive through* "Right there, sir."
    K: *actually, is just finishing an order, and hears me talking about her, gets the skinny, and goes out to try to placate the customer*

About three minutes later, guy storms out, and K comes over to me.
    M: So, was there anything I missed? Anything we could've done to appease the guy?"
    K: "Nope, I told him the pieces were controlled by corporate, not by us. There was nothing you could've done, Juwl."
    M: "Didn't think so."
    "I call murder on that!"

I know how it is, many moons ago I worked at the same chain and had to deal with the first monopoly run with em....and even no coworkers where i am at are nuts over this. Folks just loose it over the idea they might win...something.
    I love my customers to death, the problem is they aren't dying quick enough.

Comment

Color me stupid, but can't he get game pieces from McD's corporate without a purchase?

Comment

And color me stupider, but since when did a bacon ranch salad become healthy? Delicious, maybe, but still totally bad for you!
        "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

I hate the monopoly's games that they have at McD's
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
            And color me stupider, but since when did a bacon ranch salad become healthy? Delicious, maybe, but still totally bad for you!
            Totally bad for you? When compared to the greasy burgers being sold next to it? Um, no. Not at all.

Eating just a large amount of straight bacon would be totally bad for you, but a bacon ranch salad is not. Sorry, no.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth tenzilkem View Post
              I know how it is, many moons ago I worked at the same chain and had to deal with the first monopoly run with em....and even no coworkers where i am at are nuts over this. Folks just loose it over the idea they might win...something.

I won a free burger once!
              Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Much as it grieves me to agree with a SC, and while i recognise that MuckDonalds can run its games any which way it chooses, I think its stupid. It really makes no difference to the corporation whether customers buy salads or burgers, so why not include game pieces with all food purchases?

Me, I refuse to set foot in the ghastly place, so it doens't really bother me at all, but I feel for the cashiers who are getting grief from stupid customers because of it.
                A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                - Dave Barry

Comment

Juwl, it's funny you brought this up. As I was watching TV last night, I noticed that the commercials for the Monopoly game specifically say that game pieces are included with "McDonald's Favorites" to me that means the long time best sellers, not the seasonal/trial salad. Obviously an SC is an SC and regardless of what you tell them they want you to give them Boardwalk with their BigMac, and Park Place with their fries.
                  The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Actually, there's nothing really wrong with a bacon ranch salad. Unless it's low-fat dressing, there's nothing on there that is bad for you.

Now wth SODA he ordered with it kind of puts the idea of healthy eating to the lie. Soda's about the unhealthiest thing at any fast food place.

It aint' the fat, brothers and sisters of the congregation. It's the sugar.

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                      Much as it grieves me to agree with a SC, and while i recognise that MuckDonalds can run its games any which way it chooses, I think its stupid. It really makes no difference to the corporation whether customers buy salads or burgers, so why not include game pieces with all food purchases?
                      It might make a difference. They probably run a higher profit margin on the items that they sell with the pieces on. Think about a large vs a medium soda. The difference in cost to the company between the two products is probably two cents, but they make an additional twenty cents or whatever it is. Similar thing with fries, they're not that expensive to make and have a high profit margin, you'd expect a salad to be a much lower profit margin (fresh veggies are expensive to buy and store). These types of games are not only designed to get more people coming into the store, but also make more people buy the more lucrative items.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                        Juwl, it's funny you brought this up. As I was watching TV last night, I noticed that the commercials for the Monopoly game specifically say that game pieces are included with "McDonald's Favorites" to me that means the long time best sellers, not the seasonal/trial salad. Obviously an SC is an SC and regardless of what you tell them they want you to give them Boardwalk with their BigMac, and Park Place with their fries.
                        Hah, Boardwalk is actually a very common piece to find, whereas Park Place is extremely rare. And why would they want those two pieces? When collecting all the railroads wins the big money.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
                          I won a free burger once!

My Mom won a cruise to the Bahamas once! Boy, was she excited!

Comment

I never plan on winning, but I've got 2 small McFlurry's and a small fry at home waiting.

Has anyone ever actually won the big money?

Comment

I remember when they'd have the game pieces on the Big Macs, fries, hashbrowns, sodas...

The other night, the man of the household won a small McFlurry. Maybe he'll let me have it...
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X