This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livid Lady, Drunken Dude, and other Mindless Malcontents

The holidays are looming over my head like Damocles sword. We are so busy during the holidays. I'm frightened---It's gonna be SC city as soon as Thanksgiving hits!

Livid Lady

Me: *opening schpiel*
    SC: WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!
    Me: This is Bugaboo cell phones, ma'am. Are you trying to recha---
    SC: WHY ARE YOU CHARGING MY CARD?!
    Me: We recharge prepaid cell phones, Ma'am. Do you have char---
    SC: WELL I DIDN'T GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO CHARGE MY CARD! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW PISSED OFF I AM AT YOU DAMN PEOPLE!
    Me: If you have charges from us Ma'am, it means that someone called in and made---
    SC: I don't care what your excuse is! I am LIVID over this!
    Me: I understand that ma'am, but if you have charges with us, that means that someone made a purchase. We can---
    SC: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME!!! I WANT THIS DEALT WITH NOW!
    Me: *sigh* Do you want me to help you or not?
    SC: WHAT?!
    Me: I said do you want me to help you or do you just want to scream at me?
    SC: I'm not screaming at you, and you have no right to talk to me like that! You have STOLEN from me! I'm the one who gets to be pissed off here, do I make myself clear, lady?!
    Me: Yes, ma'am you sure did. I will not put up with your verbal abuse and I am disconnecting this call now. Thank you for ---
    SC: YOU CAN'T HANG UP ON ME!!!
    Me: *Watch me.* *click*

My patience wears thinner and thinner as every month goes by.

Drunk and Stupid is no way to go through life, son.

SC: *hic* yeah, I warnnnna put minutshes on my phurne.
    Me; All right sir, what is your phone number?
    SC: I don't *hic* remember.
    Me: I can't put minutes on your phone if you don't give me the number, sir.
    SC: Why not?
    Me: Um...because I need to know which phone to put minutes on.
    SC: MY phurne!
    Me: Okay, what phone is that?
    SC: Tha one I bought at thar store...yesterday. *hic*
    Me: Sir, I have no idea how to figure out what your phone number is. Why don't you call back when you know what your number is, okay?
    SC: NO! I need minutches nowwr! I have ta call a hot gurrrrrl...she's sssso hott!
    Me: Well I can't help you with that, sir.
    SC: You can if you'll jurrst give me ma minutches!
    Me: I need to know what phone to put them on.
    SC: Why's this harvve to be so diffcurlt? I jurst wanna call dat hot gurrrlll...I wanna get laid!
    Me: Well, when you know what phone number you want that on, you let me know, ok?
    SC: Sturpid bitch!

I then hear sounds of the phone being dropped, thrown, or otherwise abused before it disconnects. Whoever this "hot girl' is, I suspect I'm doing her a favor.

Parenting, the scourge of EW's everywhere.

SC: I can't believe you expect me to deal with this!
    Me: Ma'am, your child used your card with us willfully. This was not an accident.
    SC: I don't care, it was my money! You had no right to take my money from her!
    Me: She told us she was you and she had all your information. How are we supposed to know it wasn't you, Ma'am?
    SC: That is not my concern! That's your responsibility! You take these charges off right now or I will sue Bugaboo cell for MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! *For a $25 charge. Good luck with that.*
    Me: No, Ma'am, we are not refunding these charges. You need to get your money from your daughter. That is our policy.
    SC: I'll tell you what your policy is, you snotty little bitch! You WILL satisfy me, I am the customer!
    Me: You just told me you didn't have a Bugaboo phone, ma'am.
    SC: What?!
    Me: You just told me you didn't have a Bugaboo phone, which means you are not a customer of Bugaboo cell. Your daughter is. SHE spent your money, SHE is responsible for it.
    SC: STOP TRYING TO TWIST MY WORDS AROUND!
    Me: Is there anything else I can do for you, Ma'am?
    SC: Give me my money back!
    Me: I have already told you I cannot do that. I've blocked your card so she can't use it anymore with us. That's the most I can do in this situation.
    SC: ...
    Me: ...
    SC: If my daughter becomes a hardened criminal and spends all my money and ends up in prison, I want you to know it's going to be all YOUR FAULT!!!!! *click*

I wonder if his superiors know he acts like this?

deployed soldier: Why do you have to have my name?!
    Me: We need a name and address for every order that is placed, sir.
    DP: Well then, my name is Abraham Lincoln.
    Me: We need the name and address that matches the credit card you're going to use, Sir.
    DP: I'm using a star card.
    Me: Okay, then I need to name and address that goes with the star card.
    DP: Look lady, I don't have time to deal with this! I am trying to call home!
    Me: I understand that, Sir, but I need that information to place an order for you.
    DP: *snotty, childish tone of voice* Well what if I refuse to give it out?
    Me: *resisting the urge to use same tone* Then you won't be able to buy minutes.
    DP: I am NOT giving you that information!
    Me: All right.
    DP: ...
    DP: ...
    DP: HELLO!!!
    Me: Yes?
    DP: I need to buy minutes!
    Me: And I need your name and billing address.
    DP: Arrrggghhhh!!!!! *click*

Another one bites the dust.
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

I never got what the big deal is on giving out names like that. Its just a name....

ETA: At least, its not a big deal if its your OWN name. If you're trying to use someone elses' well then...
    Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

If the guy is a soldier, then the entire government has access to his name and info anyway, what's the big deal?

Comment

Quoth Summerfly413 View Post
        If the guy is a soldier, then the entire government has access to his name and info anyway, what's the big deal?
        That's what I was thinking!! In the military, you use your SSN like a phone number!

Also...Star cards can only be used at the Army and Air Force Exchange Service. So...unless you're affiliated with them...how was he intending to use it?

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
          I then hear sounds of the phone being dropped, thrown, or otherwise abused before it disconnects. Whoever this "hot girl' is, I suspect I'm doing her a favor.
          She may have been safe anyway. I doubt that anyone that drunk would be able to operate a puncture repair kit.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
          X