Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And I thought I was cranky...(short and sweet)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I thought I was cranky...(short and sweet)

Just had this fascinating phone call...

Brief not, Topix is a website where you can go and find news/forums/talk from your local area of the U.S., maybe world, I don't know. I've only looked at it a couple of times. But it's obviously at least a national website that my piddling little paper has nothing to do with.

Me: *answering phone from reporter "L's" desk, as L is not in at the moment* Newsroom.
    Dumb chick: Yes, I'm needing to speak to L.
    Me: She's not in at the moment, would you like her voicemail?
    DC: Well, maybe someone else can help me...I need to get a website removed.
    Me: *assuming she means something from our paper, like our list of area churches or senior health centers or something like that we run* Okay, where do you need it removed from?
    DC: You know that Topix website? I'm needing a site removed from there.
    Me: *Huh?* Ma'am?
    DC: I already called the police and they told me to call ya'll, and that ya'll might know how to get this website pulled.
    Me: *admittedly my voice probably sounded a little incredulous, but I was still trying to be polite* You need us to pull a website from the Internet?
    DC: *screaming* I'LL JUST CALL BACK AND TALK TO L! She's MUCH NICER! *hangs up*
    Me: *hangs up, flips off phone* Fuck you too.

Of course, the joke's on her, because while I'm a raging psycho in person, I'm really quite nice on the phone until I've been provoked. L, however, will reach through a phone cable and choke a bitch. So we'll see who's nicer. *snerk*
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

There are some sites I'm not too happy with, either, so if you'd take those down for me, I'd be very appreciative...

<ducks to avoid the airborne coffee mug>
    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Lucky for you, I don't drink coffee. However, I can fling a plastic cup with lemonade in it. But I won't because I likes my lemonade.
      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
      X