This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coinstar Runoff

Yesterday, a couple of kids came up with a coinstar slip, told me happy birthday even thought it wasn't my birthday, and took off before I could cash it. I attached a note to the coinstar slip explaining what had happened.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Not a sucky customer if you ask me. Sounds like the kids found a coinstar slip and gave it to you.

Comment

Found a what now?
      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

It's possible they were doing a nice thing. Emptying out coin they found laying around and gave it away. A rarity but it does happen.
        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

I was really steamed when they did that. Usually customers will wait to get their coinstar cashed and not just take off.

I actually told them to get back there and started going after them but stopped since they took off too fast for me. I don't think these kids intended to have the coinstar cashed at all and it's store policy to have the coinstar cashed at the same store on the same day.
          Last edited by purplecat41877; 10-11-2006, 09:44 PM.
          My Fanfic Page
          My Fiction Page
          My Social Group
          My Pet Social Group
          My You Tube Channel

Comment

Those kids were on dope!
            WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

I'm with Trunks and Lost. I think they were trying to give you free money. Sort of like a tip, but you didn't directly serve them.
              "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
              "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
              My MySpace
              My LiveJournal

Comment

For those of us who've never heard of Coinstar, can you please clarify what's happening here?

Coming from my position of extreme ignorance on the subject it sounds like the kids gave you a cheery greeting and money?

Comment

Aren't coinstars those machines that you can dump your coins into for conversion to paper money?

Comment

yes, dump change in, they charge 9 cents on the dollar and print the receipt that you give to the casheir for money, I think you can also donate it to charity or get a card to use on certain websites, too, but basically, they took the voucher, gave it to the cashier and ran off
                    "Ride the spiral to the end, it may just go where no one's been. Spiral out, keep going..." -Lateralus

Comment

Coinstar is a company that provides various retail establishments around the US, UK, and Canada with large self-serve coin counters. Often these machines will also vend gift cards, allow you to prepay wireless airtime, check payroll information, donate money to charities, etc, but their primary function is coin counting. If you do not opt to put the value of your coin into a gift card or donation, you are charged 8.9% (in the US, it's more in Canada and less in the UK) of the total value of your coins as a counting fee and you're given a voucher that can be used in the establishment where you counted the coins either to pay for goods or services there or to just redeem for cash.
                      "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                      "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                      My MySpace
                      My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                        Aren't coinstars those machines that you can dump your coins into for conversion to paper money?
                        That's pretty much what they are. This should help - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoinStar

Purplecat - Would you not be able to cash it out for yourself? Is that what they did? If you could cash it out, then they weren't being sucky, they were being nice! We could use a few more of those!
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Far as I know, cashing out a customer's coinstar slip for myself is not allowed. Plus, those kids were acting more mischievious than generous.
                          Last edited by purplecat41877; 10-12-2006, 03:57 AM.
                          My Fanfic Page
                          My Fiction Page
                          My Social Group
                          My Pet Social Group
                          My You Tube Channel

Comment

Coinstar is great, it's saved my life a few times when I'm low on cash, I only use it when I'm desperate for money.
                            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Yeah, I would presume that employees are not allowed to cash in CoinStar slips cause then you get into that ugly situation where an employee is trying to cash in a slip... but wouldn't you know it... there's a slip missing from his till....

Did I say that right? "Till"? hehe....
                              Last edited by pbmods; 10-12-2006, 01:53 PM. Reason: Accidentally turned British for a second there....
                              "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
                              -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

Working...
                              X