This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You read my mind...

Customer: Hey, I need help with my cable.
    Me: OK, what's the problem?
    Customer: I can't get most of my channels.
    Me: OK, I need you to unplug your digital box, mam.
    Customer: HEY KRISTY!! UNPLUG THE BOX!
    Me: Um...
    Customer: HEY! HURRY IT UP! (to me) I sound like a bitch, don't I?
    Me: (muffled silence)
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Yeah, it's wonderful when the customer asks a question you can't answer because the answer would get you in trouble, especially if you answered honestly. The sad thing is that I've been dealing with the public for nigh on more years than I care to admit, and I still have no response to a question like that.
    ...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
    - Cartman

Comment

I probably would have answered in such a way as to indicate that I agreed with them without actually agreeing with them. A complete and utter change of topic usually works.

Me: (pause) (excessively cheerful) Lovely weather isn't it?

Comment

Or you could give you the non-answer that leaves you completely neutral in the conversation-something like "It doesn't amtter to me." or "We don't care, as long as the bill gets paid."
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

"I'm acting like a horrible customer, aren't I?" said by a lady who was pratting me around.

"Yes, yes you are," I replied, smiling broadly. She took it to mean that I wasn't serious. Heh.

Rapscallion

Comment

I get this a lot.

Cust: I'm a real jerk, aren't I?
            Me: Not really, you're realizing that you might be getting annoying before you really do. The jerks are the ones too clueless to realize this.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              Me: Not really, you're realizing that you might be getting annoying before you really do. The jerks are the ones too clueless to realize this.
              That's very true.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yes yes, but I wasn't fast enough in my response. I think I was too busy muting & the laughing.
                The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

SC: "I'm being a real jerk, aren't I?"
                  ME: "Pretty much, yes."

Once again, proof that you can get away with a lot more when you are the one controlling their booze.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Being on the receiving end of that question, I am often tempted to say "Yes you are and you need to learn how to relax." I don't try and make smart-ass remarks to much because most of my customers are behind a very large SUV.
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                    X