X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't even care, do you?

First SC I've had in a while.

Quick fact: There's 2 laundry rooms on every student floor of the building.

Student comes down and complains that the room on her side of her floor is locked. Here's how the conversation progressed:
    Me: yours truly
    SS: Sucky Student
    (My thoughts in italics)

Me: Well, you'd have to talk to the RA-

SS: They're not home

Me: Or use the other room on your floor-

SS: It's busy!

Me: will you let me finish a sentence? How about the floors above or below? (The laundry rooms are about 20 ft. from the elevators, and I've done this once or twice in an emergency)

SS: Why can't you just come unlock it?

Me: Because my co-worker's on her lunch break, so I can't leave the desk, and it's a master key, so I can't give it to you.

SS: Come on, give me the key, I'll leave these here. I'm not going to steal anything! *holds up room keys, including elevator card*

Me: How are you going to get upstairs without your elevator card? I'm sorry, if I give you the key, I get fired. Giving a master key to a student is instant termination.

SS: *fumes for a moment* You don't even care, do you?

Me: that you have to wait to do my laundry? No, I don't Of course I care. Just not enough to get fired. Look, I've given you your options, either wait for my co-worker to come back-

SS: How long will that be?

Me: again with the interrupting? A little under an hour, she just left. Or you can get an RA to unlock the door.

SS: Any RA?

Me: If they were on duty, yes. They'll have a key for it. Otherwise they can come down and get it.

SS: *leaves without saying anything*

So, for some reason they think I should care about them needing to do laundry, but they don't have to care about my getting fired. Nice lady.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Someone sure has her panties in a bunch.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Yeah, only they're all in her laundry basket, apparently.

Comment

"You don't even care, do you?"

God that would have been the easiest question to answer that I've had all week. Heck, I'm not sure I could answer. I might have just laughed.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          So, for some reason they think I should care about them needing to do laundry, but they don't have to care about my getting fired. Nice lady.
          I would have felt compelled to point that out to her, but she'd probably just try to file a complaint.

Comment

*Walks past Broomy's desk whistling and drops a blow torch on his desk. Continues with the walking and the whistling and inconspiciousness*
            "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

No, no I don't.

you don't care if I get fired. I don't care if you smell.
              http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Comment

Quoth Animae View Post
                No, no I don't.

you don't care if I get fired. I don't care if you smell.
                And would you really care if she didn't have clean underwear?
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

No, I don't care that you're mildly inconvenienced. More to the point, had you come in here stark naked and chased by wolves, I probably still wouldn't be all that concerned for your plight, you entitled little whore.
                  Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Me: that you have to wait to do my laundry? No, I don't

Unedited except to add emboldening for emphasis

So you're having Students do your cleaning tasks for you now? Do you have them wear little Maid uniforms, or are the schoolgirl gettups enough for you?
                    "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

"You don't even care, do you?"

Oh yes. Yes I do care. I care about my nieces. All four of them. I care about my friends. I care about the current plight of America's tarnished image in the rest of the world. I care about the price of beer in Mexico. I care about the quality of sushi I eat. I care about instant replay. I care about my aging parents. I care about my truck. I care about a margarita that is made just right. I care about the effects blatant racism has had on humanity in general and my country in particular. I care about the damage being done to the masses in the name of corporate greed. I care about seeing Anna Paquin naked. I even care about bobsledding, the greatest winter Olympic sport there is.

But I do not give one squalid smelly rancid little SHIT about your minor issues that have sprung up because you were slightly inconvenienced and are too lazy, whiney, and stupid to solve on your own, you mindless fucking douchewaffle.

Now, get out of my sight before I start caring about the manner of your imminent, slow, and very painful death at the hands of my brand new meat cleaver. Trust me when I tell you that you really don't want to see me caring about you that much!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
                        Unedited except to add emboldening for emphasis

So you're having Students do your cleaning tasks for you now? Do you have them wear little Maid uniforms, or are the schoolgirl gettups enough for you?
                        Oops. Heh, I think I'll leave the mistake for posterity

But no, I don't have them wear maid uniforms. I have the cute ones wear the classic *French* Maid's uniform!

And Jester, that's quite the list of things you care about. 'tis an admirable list, though I suggest curling in place of bobsledding.

Comment

And Jester, that's quite the list of things you care about. 'tis an admirable list, though I suggest curling in place of bobsledding.
                          Of course you'd suggest Curling. You're Canadian.

Me, I suggest the Luge.
                          "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

I suggest curling in place of bobsledding.
                            Quoth Shards View Post
                            Me, I suggest the Luge.
                            I'm sorry, my list, my cares. So bobsledding stays. Luge is merely bobsledding light. And curling is simply shuffleboard on ice, and while fascinating to watch, so is a circus train wreck. Doesn't make it a sport.

Oh, and Broom? That was simply a partial list. You have no idea how long that list could be if I really tried.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

2 laundry rooms on each floor? and you're complaining? I wish I had that. In college we had one laundry room for the building. As long as you didn't try to do it on the weekend you were fine. In my condo we have 3 washers and dryers for 12 units.

Comment

Working...
                              X