This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're doing it wrong.

We have the lost and found for the college in our office, and when we get stuff, it gets logged in and has a tag number assigned to it for easy retrieval.

The other night, a student comes up and says that his flash drive was turned into us. He said that the teacher told him that he gave it to a janitor and then the janitor turned it into us. Okay, that's fine.

My co-worker and I start to look for it and we don't have anything turning up. We have a box specifically for flashdrives, and it wasn't in there. We told him that we'd keep looking for it and let him know.

Well, the kid goes down to his teacher and tells him that we don't have it.

The teacher then comes up to our office and is like "You guys aren't logging things in properly. I turned that Flash Drive in on Friday around 8 pm." and my coworker said that she didn't remember him coming in because she was there until 9 or 10 that night. (She logs things in the second she gets them normally.) Then she proceeds to tell him what the kid said and that we log things in.

He starts getting all upitty and makes a comment about how he gave it to some tall skinny blond chick, and that the student was wrong because a janitor gave it to him and he turned it in.

Side note: We don't have any skinny blond chicks that work dispatch. I'm prolly the skinniest, have red hair, and wouldn't have been there when he claimed he was there. Besides, I hate him and I would have remembered him coming up even if I had been there.

Then he starts saying that we have to be responsible for the cost of the drive because they are expensive.

While my co-worker is dealing with him, I go back and start looking some more. I found it in a box that it shouldn't have been in. So, we get everything squared away and after looking in the log book, come to find out that he turned it in on SUNDAY and to one of our MALE dispatchers. Who isn't blond or tall, or really skinny for that matter. (He's into body building.)

Idiot.

Then he starts saying that we have to be responsible for the cost of the drive because they are expensive.
    if the cost is THAT important he'd be keeping better track of his own flash drive.

and they're not THAT expensive. Hell, if you look in the right areas you can get some good prices.

or you can just take the ones that irresponsible students leave lying around... *snerk*

Comment

What the hell does he care?
      It's not his flash drive or anything. Calm down, ass.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

.... flash drives cost like 15 bucks

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
          What the hell does he care?
          It's not his flash drive or anything. Calm down, ass.
          It's a teachers responsibility to look after the welfare of his students.

Sorry, I've read Iron and Silk recently and got a buncha quotes lying around in my head...

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
            .... flash drives cost like 15 bucks
            Haha, yeah, that's what I was like.

The one that he had would have been ~$10 maybe.

Comment

Quoth kaetchen View Post
              Right. Because you should be responsible for the cost of something HE lost. And yeah, not that expensive either.

Comment

Quoth kaetchen View Post
                Tell that to my 4 GB micro that cost me a grand total of $20. This thing has been beat up, carted around, yanked out without logging it off, and just shy of set on fire and it still works GREAT.
                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

IF it were really that important, he'd have kept up with it and would not have lost it to begin with.

But then I"m pretty anal about my stuff . . . if it's something really important, it stays in one place and one place only if I"m not using it.

Kids these days . . . I'll save the rest of my rant for Fratching later. . .
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I was looking at a flash drive yesterday that cost $150 or so. But it was encrypted and would do a hardware delete of itself if someone tried to access it without the password or if it was physically tampered with. Pretty cool.

Comment

Expensive hell. Emprex drives are good, and fairly cheap (though not particularly small or pretty). Fry's once had the 2GB one on sale free after rebate, and currently on sale for $6. I also recently picked up a 4-pack of Kingston 4GB drives for $30 (regularly $65 ). Course.. I had to exchange the first pack of kingstons. One of the drives was bad, out of the box. Not dead, but files copied to it would randomly become corrupted.
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                        Tell that to my 4 GB micro that cost me a grand total of $20. This thing has been beat up, carted around, yanked out without logging it off, and just shy of set on fire and it still works GREAT.

I have the same kind. I have pictures, music, videos and ever file that I need on it. It does work great
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                        X