This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep an eye on the news

Because if you hear about a crazy man outside a contractor's office, it'll be me.

I'm working on a project, it's huge. 4 buildings and a parking garage.

2 weeks ago I start the drawings, the contract documents are terrible so I send my drawing out for clarification on building C, and send questions about building A.

Then the contractor starts calling the owner of the company to complain I haven't submitted drawings yet, who comes and yells at me where I explain again why I'm not done the drawings.

Friday 11/20 (9 days after I submitted) the contractor calls me. I explain the above, again, and he offers to send me CAD drawings.

This is normally a no-no since I'll be able to manipulate the Architect's drawings. Not that I'd ever copy the design, but most Architects don't send their CADs out for this reason.

11/25 The disk arrives. I have to spend all afternoon converting the files to CAD 2006 since they were saved in CAD 2008.

Today I get an e-mail asking when the drawings will be submitted (broken record?) I remind them of the original submittal that was apparently ignored, and the question. But tell them with the CAD drawings I should be able to submit within two weeks. This is the response I get.

We have your RFI and have passed it along to the architect, as soon as we get a response we will let you know. We did receive the building C drawings, but did not send them to the architect since they didn’t have any MEP openings and some of the dimensions were incorrect. We look forward to seeing the next submittal. If you need any other drawings just let us know.
    See the thing is, my drawings say on them "FOR CLARIFICATION OF DIMENSIONS AND LOCATIONS OF ANY MEP OPENINGS"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

I'll be keeping an eye on the news websites...

Comment

I wonder if these guys rent from VSR.......

Comment

oh man, construction is just so much fun isnt it?

I know the pain of the cad shuffle too. stupid subs.

Comment

Working...
        X