This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leave me alone,I'm on a ladder!!!

So I thought today is slow since its the day before thanksgiving,so I'll decorate the store for xmas.that way next week when school resumes I don't have to. Well what is it about a employee on a ladder trying to decorate that makes everyone want your help.And what made it worse is there is lots of employees in the lobby just talking. Also I had a jerk come in look around and then stand at the counter.So I put down my fragile glass stuff,get down and go to the register and the jackass says oh I don't want anything. What the fuck.

What is it about work that makes people do that stuff? I swear, I can stand behind my counter and look really bored, and the only customers I get will be ones asking where the restroom is. But as soon as I get to working on something, the whole store flocks, resembling the mad horde of seagulls in Finding Nemo ("Mine! Mine! Mine!"), and suddenly they need help finding everything in the stupid store.

It's like the customer mentality of "Hm... that one looks bored. She must be a high-up manager. Oh, that one has a ladder! That's a hard working person. He'll be happy to help me! After all, these people (read: robots) only care about serving customers ^_^"

I propose we start dropping shiny objects on their heads from the second floor.

Comment

Quoth BoxGirl View Post
      not high enough, 1 story drop wont do much damage, 4 stories will work with light objects, and make a wonderfull mess if we miss. win/win
      This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
      my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Naw. See, the drop itself doesn't have to do much damage, because once a sucky customer hits the floor, it becomes a free for all. The nice customers and all your lovely coworkers can jump in like Zombies and beat them over the head with price scanners and whatever loose metal objects are laying around in the back room. The initial drop needs only to incapacitate for a moment.

Comment

meh.

when i see an employee at the local store on a ladder.... i usually make a point of not getting too close to him or her. i don't even walk by the contraption unless it's the only way i can take.

simply not safe

Comment

It could have been worse. I seem to remember someone posting about a customer actually shaking the ladder the employee was on to get their attention.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth BoxGirl View Post
              I propose we start dropping anvils on their heads from the second floor.
              Edited for my amusement.

B
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Okay... but I'm gonna need to work on my arm strength.

Comment

Quoth BoxGirl View Post
                  Okay... but I'm gonna need to work on my arm strength.
                  They don't need to be big ones. The ones I've found randomly around here are easy enough to lift. It's not like we're trying to chuck 'em.

:geeks over avatar and hides back under covers with books:
                  Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

shaking the ladder the employee was on to get their attention.
                    You know there's a reason why it's unlucky to walk underneath a ladder:
                    something might fall on your head.

And if it's the SC you mentioned... something might fall on his/her head repeatedly. With added acceleration.

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                      They don't need to be big ones. The ones I've found randomly around here are easy enough to lift. It's not like we're trying to chuck 'em.
                      If you can find one a "Cobblers last" is perfect, heavy enough and pointy bits
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
                        If you can find one a "Cobblers last" is perfect, heavy enough and pointy bits
                        If you can find one, I want it. We can use it for our reenactment camp. But it's gotta be cheap
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth BoxGirl View Post

Just because I feel like being an ass kisser

We the website of Customer Sucks, does not condone violence.

Now with that out of the way

I hate that when I am on a ladder, everyone and their mothers want my help. Had that when I was at Office Max and at Walmart
                          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Hmmm... Anvils, eh?

Well, I say Let the anvils ring!

-Wembley
                            Originally Posted by edible_hat
                            (also, wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?)

Comment

Quoth BoxGirl View Post
                              What is it about work that makes people do that stuff? I swear, I can stand behind my counter and look really bored, and the only customers I get will be ones asking where the restroom is. But as soon as I get to working on something, the whole store flocks, resembling the mad horde of seagulls in Finding Nemo ("Mine! Mine! Mine!"), and suddenly they need help finding everything in the stupid store.
                              BING BING BING BING!!!! X100
                              Think. It's not illegal yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X