This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for you...why?

I took a call today from this lady. Went through the whole painful experience without incident, until the following part of our conversation:

SC=her
    Me=tee hee, me

SC: Now this is going to be shipped how?
    Me: UPS ma'am
    SC: Excuse me?
    Me: UPS
    SC: Why?
    Me: Because we ship with UPS.
    SC: Are you kidding me?
    Me: No
    SC: I don't want it shipped with UPS.
    Me: Well, I'm sorry ma'am, we only ship UPS.
    SC: No you don't you little liar!
    Me: Ma'am, why would I lie?
    SC: Because you are too lazy to type in FedEx.
    Me: Ma'am, I don't have the option to pick a shipping method for you, we have a contract with UPS.
    SC: Don't give me that!! It says right here in your catalog that you ship UPS or FedEx.
    Me: (trying so hard to say something nasty) Ok ma'am what page is that information on?
    SC: What? Why should I tell you that?
    Me: Because I would like to know what page that error was on, so that I can give that information to Customer Service so we can correct that error.
    SC: You don't need that!!
    Me: Well, we do have to correct our mistake.
    SC: You're just trying to make me look bad.
    Me: (Done being nice) Ma'am the only way I could make you look bad, is if you were giving false information.
    SC: Are you calling me a liar?
    Me: Ma'am, I have all of my catalogs here, and they are all opened to shipping information, I do not show FedEx mentioned anywhere.
    SC: You must have a different catalog! It says right here.
    Me: Ma'am, I'm sorry, but regardless of what the catalog says, we only ship UPS.
    May I assist you in anything else?
    SC: Yes. Are you going to ship this FedEx then?
    Me: Thank you for calling ******** Have a nice day!

:banghead

I have to get this new job!!!
    Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

Why the @#$% does she care how it gets to her as long as it gets to her?

Unless she's stalking the FedEx guy does it really matter in the course of Space and Time?
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
      Why the @#$% does she care how it gets to her as long as it gets to her?

Unless she's stalking the FedEx guy does it really matter in the course of Space and Time?

Why do they care about half the stuff they call in to complain about? I've had worse calls than that, but she really upset me yesterday.
      Cruise Ship Brilliance: "Do the elevators go to the front of the ship?"

Comment

We don't ship FedEx. At first because FedEx blackballed us and now because the owner is boycotting them. [It's a long story. ] We use UPS exclusively for domestic shipments.

Most folks don't care. But there are some who flat-out refuse to accept shipments from UPS and insist we use FedEx to avoid giving UPS business. I don't know why they hate UPS so much, nor do I care.

We came up with a means to deal with it. We tell the UPS-Haters that we can ship FedEx if they have a FedEx account AND they give us THIER FedEX account number to put on the paperwork. We'll fill it out and drop the thing in the FedEX box in the parking lot. Since the customer is paying for shipping himself, we don't collect shipping charges, but we will still charge a couple dollars for handling.

It's surprising how few people will insist on refusing to use UPS once they realize they have to actually make an effort. And those few who are boycotting UPS out of principle and are willing to stick to it are very glad to have a way to avoid dealing with UPS. Win-win.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
        X