Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's mad because his food is on time?!

Newbie here with her first tale of SCs. Oh I have so many....

I work in a Seafood shop that sells both fresh and cooked seafood. We also sell hamburgers and things too. Anyway, we are extremely popular in our small town and often (especially at night) get VERY busy. Customers have been known to wait (happily and fully informed of the time wait) an hour for some fish and chips. This is one heck of a busy shop sometimes.
    Ok....so the other night I'm working and I serve a customer who tells me he doesn't want his food this instant (thank goodness...we were busy) but he'll be back in half an hour if that's alright? I say, 'of course it is' and he tells me "I'll be back at 6.15". I say ok and put his order on the board. He's number 9.

Sooo.....it's 6.15pm now and I'm standing at the wrapping bench, wrapping up his order. He blunders in....

SC: (yelling at the top of his voice) WHERE'S NUMBER 9?!!!

Other girl working with me: It won't be long. (she had no clue who he was)

I search quickly and so does my boss only to find we're currently wrapping number 9 (we look at the contents of the order before the number).

Me: It's right here, don't go anywhere. We're wrapping it right now.

SC: I SAID I'D BE BACK AT 6.15!!!!

Me: (quick look at the clock) It IS 6.15 and your order is ready and right here.

SC: I ORDERED MY FOOD AT 5.45!!!!

Me: Yes, but you wanted it for 6.15 and it's ready now.

SC: I KNOW I WANTED IT FOR 6.15!!! I TOLD YOU I'D BE BACK AT 6.15!!

Me: (confused about what this guy is actually understanding about the the statement "your food is ready") It IS 6.15 and your food is here.

My boss: DO YOU WANT YOUR FOOD OR NOT?!

SC: YES!!!!!!!!

My boss: THEN KEEP QUIET!!!! (under is breath) Arsehole.

When the food was wrapped I considered hurling it across the counter onto the floor but thought better of it and just dumped it on the counter with a dismissive call of "9!" and he came to collect it.

SC: IS THIS ALL OF IT?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: YES, that's ALL of it! Geezuz.

I'm really not sure what his problem was. But customers like this make my job suck badly.
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia. ~Charles Schulz

Thirty minute transformation from Jekyll to Hyde!

Welcome to

Beer's on the left. Cookies will arrive shortly.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Vodka's in the freezer. Leave my moonshine in the still, it needs to mature.

Holy crap, that guy is an aneurysm just waiting to happen.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Baileys is in the gutter, with half of the boards posters.

Maybe he was mad that You'd only wrapped it ready for him to take it away and hadn't used your incredible customer service telekinesis skills to transport his food directly to his stomach.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          Vodka's in the freezer. Leave my moonshine in the still, it needs to mature.
          24 hours is well aged for moonshine.
          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I've got wine in the fridge and liquor on the bar in the dining room - pick your poison.

I'd also recommend a cigarette but my smoking area seems to be outside. *shiver*

Don't beat yourself up over that jerk - he strikes me as the type who seems to think that he has to be "large and in charge" to impress people.

There again, he may have a wife who keeps HIM in line at home and away from her is the only time he can be "in charge."

Either way, he's a pathetic specimen worthy of the VIP branding (Very Impotent Prick.)
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I brought the cookies! *gives cookie to Cassiepeia* Welcome to the boards!
              It doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you look really cool doing it! -- Julio Scoundrel, Order of the Stick

Comment

Welcome to Hell's Therapy Room. Scotch and Jack Daniels are in the hidey hole. Secret password and 5 bucks for the location.
                "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

There are weird

Customers are weird that way.

Had a customer bring in a computer and describe the problem. Based on past repairs I told him he would need parts and with labour it would be over $100 plus taxes (which were 15% at the time).

Later I open the machine and find out that it is only a loose connection, when he arrives to pick up I approached him expecting him to be happy that his repair was only $15 + taxes.

He started yelling that we were trying to rip in off because we were charging him so little ?????

Claiming that we did not know what we were doing, because the original diag was wrong is something I could understand even if I did not agree with the logic.

But how the hech do you rip someone off by charging less money than what they originally agreed to pay?

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
                    Welcome to Hell's Therapy Room. Scotch and Jack Daniels are in the hidey hole. Secret password and 5 bucks for the location.
                    Swordfish *hands over two $2s and a $1*
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                      Swordfish *hands over two $2s and a $1*
                      *accepts*

Bookcase. Pull out "How to Write a How to Write Book" and follow the corridor.

If you see a dead body, just ignore it. It was there when we got the place.
                      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post
                        Maybe he was mad that You'd only wrapped it ready for him to take it away and hadn't used your incredible customer service telekinesis skills to transport his food directly to his stomach.
                        He needs to keep a handy dandy girl golem around for that kind of thing:

He also sounds like the sort that would probably complain about his food being too hot, instead of happy that it was served fresh off the stove.

And welcome to CS!
                        "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

"How dare you give me exactly what I want! Now I can't complain..." Proof, if any more were needed, that there's no pleasing some people.

Welcome to the boards - tea's in the pot, and the biscuits and cakes are on the table. Martinis available on request.
                          Last edited by MannersMakethMan; 12-14-2008, 02:28 PM.
                          "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                            But how the hech do you rip someone off by charging less money than what they originally agreed to pay?
                            Devil's Advocate?
                            He sees it as: "You bought new parts for the computer, with my money, and now you're telling me all you need is $15 for fixing a loose connection! I want those new parts installed!"
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post
                              Baileys is in the gutter, with half of the boards posters. =
                              And here I thought we only kept our minds in the gutter...
                              Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X