This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last day at the store!!

One final SC to report from the store I've worked at for the past few years. Tomorrow I start at a different store. This customer wasn't even that bad, but seeing as he was the last SC I'll have at this location......

So You're Giving Me a Discount, Right?

Customer was looking at a phone set that costs $99.99. After answering all his questions, he goes

SC: So I get 15% off, right?

Me: I'm sorry?

SC: I get a 15% discount on this, right?

Me: You want a 15% discount?

SC: Yes.

Me: For what reason?

SC: Well, Office Depot is doing 15-20% off EVERYTHING.

Me:

Yeah, Office Depot is doing that because they are CLOSING 140 STORES, including the one down the street from us.

Me: That's because they're closing.

SC: Yeah?

Me *derisively*: We don't match going-out-of-business sales. Sorry.

I don't think he liked that answer, because he left without purchasing anything.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post

Me: You want a 15% discount?

SC: Yes.

Me: For what reason?

SC: Well, Office Depot is doing 15-20% off EVERYTHING.

Me:

Yeah, Office Depot is doing that because they are CLOSING 140 STORES, including the one down the street from us.

Me: That's because they're closing.

SC: Yeah?

Me *derisively*: We don't match going-out-of-business sales. Sorry.
    Well why doesn't he go to Office Depot? Wait...sorry...forgot where I was for a moment.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Oh geez... I need to check if the one across from our store is closing. It's bad enough we have to deal with people wanting to match Office Depot's crappy coupons. "$25 off $50 purchase*!" and the fine print: *Does not include anything your customer has in their cart."

Good luck at your new store.

Comment

I can't stand it when people do that! I can't match anyone else's coupon or sale! It's madness!
        Check out my cosplay social group!
        http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
        X