This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A WTF Moment

So, I'm a manager/driver at a delivery joint.
    This night was my manager shift and in comes a manager call.

SC: We have a problem with our order.
    Me: What is wrong with your order?
    SC: We didn't get everything we asked for
    Me: I'm sorry, what's missing?

some rustling in the background...SC's wife says <in background to SC> "We got the salads, and the blah and the blah blah"

SC: <calmly> Nevermind.
    Me: So, everyth.....<interrupted>
    SC: <still calm> It was my mistake.
    Me: Ok, th....<interrupted>.
    SC: <yelling now> BUT WE'RE NEVER ORDERING FROM YOU AGAIN!!!!!

Was a head-scratcher for sure.

Gah!

*Falls over*

*Blink-blink*

........guh?!
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Wow...so they didn't even give you the chance to thank them?

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
        SC: <still calm> It was my mistake.
        Me: Ok, th....<interrupted>.
        SC: <yelling now> BUT WE'RE NEVER ORDERING FROM YOU AGAIN!!!!!
        SC: How DARE you make me make a mistake! I would never have thought my food was missing if it came from Somewhere Else. All this competence in food service confused me! I demand compensation for the embarrassment you caused me by doing your job correctly and forcing me to blindly overreact!
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

ReadyToRetire, those people are on the phone again. They want to order the Special.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

SC and logic are words that should not be in the same sentence...unless it's the punchline to a good joke.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

It must be the way SCs say good-bye. That explains why they all say it but never stick to it.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I... wah... in.... and why?.... uhhh....
                http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                Melody Gardot

Comment

"I'm never coming back again!" that phrase has to be the nicest thing a SC can ever say to me. It means that I will never, ever have to deal with their stupidity again.

If a SC really wishes to say something to cause me anguish and ruin my day, they would say "I am going to always go here from now on, and so will all my family and friends and my local church group, all of whom have the same expectations as myself" That would get me down on my knees begging for forgiveness.

Comment

THe nerve of you, not making a mistake....
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Mr.Customer View Post
                      "I'm never coming back again!" that phrase has to be the nicest thing a SC can ever say to me. It means that I will never, ever have to deal with their stupidity again.
                      The only problem with that is, they're usually lying when they say it. Sadly.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sadly, I am accustomed to this kind of logic (meaning, the lack thereof).

My father did the same thing the other day... He attends the wrong event at school (leaves for my sister's rocket launching presentation, ends up at a show choir event???), then yells at her, "well i'm never going to one of those things again!"

Comment

My parents pull stunts like that occasionally, in many different circumstances.

My friends long ago came up with a name to describe it. "Logically impaired."

Comment

Probably just mad that he looked like a moron in front of his family.

Comment

Working...
                            X