This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The paint matches, so fix it!

I had a strange one Friday, A guy comes in with a 5 gallon bucket of paint he bought the day before. He has a board with the original color and a couple of spots with the new paint on the corners.

He tells me the paint doesn't match. I look at the sample and the paint and it is a near perfect match, it is still a little wet but as it dries, it dissapears.

I point out that it does match, but he says when he puts it one the wall, it is yellow. The paint is a light tan

We go back and forth, but I tell him that the paint matches the sample, what more do you want?

He wants it "darker".

I hate it when they say this, darker as in brown, darker as in red, darker as in grey? I tell him I would need a new sample if he wants a different color or he can come back when Jessica is here. She is an artist and can modify colors in her head.

So he goes back to his boss who calls my boss and wants to know why we won't fix the paint? So my boss wants to know why I didn't "fix" his paint and I tell her I can't fix something that isn't broken.

A little later his boss comes in and we discover the truth, the guy brought in the wrong sample. The paint wasn't supposed to be tan, it was supposed to be grey! And when we tell him we can't change this tan to a grey, now the paint is defective, it is not going on right.

It is 36 degrees outside, of course it is not going on right, but he complains to the boss and the boss has us mix him a new 5 gallon. Oh and they want me to tell the paint supplier their paint is bad and get them to refund us.

"First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

And here is the reason I hated working the paint counter at Walmart. People who screw things up on their end and expect me to fix it while blaming me for the screw up that was their fault.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

My Uncle Bobby is colour-blind (Can't see red, which makes driving with him REAL fun) and even HE can tell the difference between tan and gray!

I didn't want a headache this early in the day.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
      X