• Show
Clear All

• Can I wear my money?

JSC: Japanese SC.
    Me:
    JI: Japanese Interpreter

Me: Welcome Schpiel
    JSC: I need Japanese interpreter
    <<Since we have so many prank calls we need to try to get an account number to verify they truly have a bank related question before we help them... it's ok if they don't have an account, but they have to be calling about something serious... the interpreter line costs money)>>
    Me: Sure I can get an interpreter. Do you have an account?
    JSC: Yes.
    Me: What's the account number?
    JSC: Japanese interpreter.
    Me: What's the account number? Do you have an account?
    JSC: No.
    Me: You don't have an account?
    JSC: Yes.
    Me: Gives up. Gets interpreter on the line.

JI: <Japanese Welcome>
    JSC: <Lots of words in Japanese>
    JI: <Yes>
    JI: He wants to know whether he can wear a $100 bill as a necklace.
    Me: I'm sorry?
    JI: He wants to know whether he can wear a $100 bill as a necklace.
    JSC: Yes yes.
    Me: I am sorry but I would need to hear more details about what it is exactly that he wants to do.
    JI: He bought a necklace made out of a $100 bill and he wants to know if it's ok to wear it.
    Me: I'm sorry but that's not a bank question. Does he have an account?
    JI: <<Asks him>> No.
    Me: That's not a question I can answer for him. I can only answer bank questions.
    JI: He called the police and they told him to call you.
    <<repeats 10 times or so I can't help him, he gives up and hangs up>>

I wonder how much he paid for it?

Comment

Can he wear his $100 bill as a necklace? Yes, yes he can.

However, I don't particularly recommend it.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Does this remind anyone else of those dollar bill origami rings you would make when you were in the second grade?
        http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

Comment

It depends on whether or not the bill has be defaced in the process most likely, as I do believe that that would be considered a crime ( I live in Canada so it might be different there).

Either way it is a stupid idea IMHO.
          If it makes sense, it's not allowed™. -- BeckySunshine

I've heard of breaking wind but not breaking and entering wind. --- Sheldonrs

My gaming blog:Ghosts from the Black

Comment

That is just refreshingly funny. Thanks for the story!
            I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

That kind of reminds me of that commercial that comes out around tax season with that guy in the bar,wearing his money and people ripping the bills off of him.
              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Um... tell him "Hai"?

And ... I can't say I'm surprised. I love Japan but there are some crazy things you can buy there.

Comment

What, exactly, does a hundred dollar bill necklace look like?
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    Um... tell him "Hai"?

And ... I can't say I'm surprised. I love Japan but there are some crazy things you can buy there.
                    Like Hello Kitty neck massagers?

animeinsider (a US anime mag) has a little strip at the bottom with some Japanese gadgets. So far from what I can remember, I've seen "weight loss glasses" (since the colour blue helps to lower the appetite) which look like normal aviator sunnies except the lenses are blue, tatami tie (a tie made out of tatami mats), nose air filters (practical, but funny) and I've also seen some weird food and drink, but I can't be bothered reading it.

Apologies for threadjacking.

On-topic, who in their right mind wears MONEY as a necklace? It's almost like kids who make these annoying clicky thingies out of used bus tickets.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                      That kind of reminds me of that commercial that comes out around tax season with that guy in the bar,wearing his money and people ripping the bills off of him.
                      Haha! That's exactly what I was reminded of!

Comment

Quoth Animae View Post
                        Does this remind anyone else of those dollar bill origami rings you would make when you were in the second grade?

reminds me in in Australian when our polymer $5 note came out, you could shrink it in the oven and it was still leagal tender.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                          It's almost like kids who make these annoying clicky thingies out of used bus tickets.
                          Gah, kids still make them, I hate them with a passion.

Quoth dawnfire View Post
                          reminds me in in Australian when our polymer $5 note came out, you could shrink it in the oven and it was still leagal tender.
                          Technically yes, but the defacement of money is a crime, so you could use it, but also get in trouble for it.
                          If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth IvorTangrean View Post
                            It depends on whether or not the bill has be defaced in the process most likely, as I do believe that that would be considered a crime ( I live in Canada so it might be different there).

Actually, defacing money isn't a crime in Canada.... it just technically renders it void as legal tender, but most people (even banks) will accept it anyway.
                            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth IvorTangrean View Post

You can actually deface currency all you want, as long as you do not intend to defraud somebody with it. (i.e., sticking 20's to the corner of a 1.) The law first came about when actual gold coins were used... the unscrupulous would get a bag of freshly minted gold coins, put them in a bag, and beat the crap out of them. They would then turn the now beatup coins back into the bank (for full value), and sell the gold dust they got from beating the coins up. (Sure beats panning for gold in a river of snow-melt.)

It actually came up again a few months ago where there was a spike in the price of zinc, making it theoretically profitable to melt down US pennies.

SirWired

Comment

Working...
                              X