This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another lame line...

I worked at a call center that was open 24 hours. As part of the closing, we had to mention this fact. Invariably, one of the jokers on my line would reply,
    "Really? When do you sleep? Hur hur hur *snerk!"
    ...yes, truly side-splitting art thou.

It's bad enough when they treat us like crap, but to think we have nothing else to do in our lives?
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Two potential answers to these blooming comedians:

1) The "acceptable" one: "Well, we must be on the same schedule, if you're calling at 2AM!"

2) What we'd like to say: "After your mom is finished topping me off."

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
      It's bad enough when they treat us like crap, but to think we have nothing else to do in our lives?
      [extreme sarcasm] I wish to speak to the manufacturer, this retail/customer service bot appears to have gained sentience and a free will...yes I'l hold. [/ extreme sarcasm]

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
        "snore... I'm sorry sir, what was that?"
        If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

The monkey shocks me if I'm not working....
          Bark like a chicken!

Comment

That's pretty lame Nothing saps your appreciation of really horribly bad jokes like working a job where you hear the same ones over and over again. Whenever somebody uses the old "it's not priced so it's free right? hardyharhar!" I want to ask them if they have a trust fund or if they are maybe just wards of the state because they have obviously never had to work retail.
            !
            "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Oh, I shock the hell out of guests who ask "when do you sleep"
              I tell them the truth, I go to sleep at about 1pm and wake up around 9pm, which leaves me an hour and a half to get ready for work before having to head into work.

It's great because they never expect a serious answer... either that or they expected a serious answer but can't wrap their minds around the idea that not everyone works 8-5 and sleeps 10-6...
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                I worked at a call center that was open 24 hours. As part of the closing, we had to mention this fact. Invariably, one of the jokers on my line would reply,

"Red Bull is our company sponsor. Do the math."

or

"Sleep is more what you'd call a 'guideline' than an actual rule."

I chalk it up to people trying to make small talk and failing miserably.
                "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                  Invariably, one of the jokers on my line would reply,
                  Oh yes, sleep, I remember that... No, can't say as I have recently - I'll report it if it happens though...
                  "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post

Just tell them that you're a Cylon, and that you don't need sleep, that's just for the fragile humans.
                    And the sky was full of stars... and every star, an exploding ship, one of ours...

Comment

I'd tell them I'm, the first Cylon. The one that ran with Michael Knight. But I don't think they'd get it.
                      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Oh, I am so using the Cylon line now
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I give them the serious answer. It throws them for a loop. 9 times out of 10 they seem to think I have a normal sleep cycle but for some reason tonight I'm just up really late by the phone.

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                            "Sleep is more what you'd call a 'guideline' than an actual rule."
                            So is Parlay...
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                              I'd tell them I'm, the first Cylon. The one that ran with Michael Knight. But I don't think they'd get it.
                              I do though. Brav-o!

You do know that part really was scavenged from a cylon from the origional BG series, right? I read that in an interview somewhere.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                              X