This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little update

well, the gas company I work for, to speed things up, and get things going has stopped using those 7 cents off per litre coupon, and instead will be going with minimum fills-
    If you get a minimum of 25 litres, you get $2 off up to 49 litres. 50 Litres? $4 off, and that's all she wrote. The "Guest"/Customer doesn't have to sign for the discount, and we don't have to his/her licence number. Glorious Now people will come in ONLY
    when they need 25 litres of gas, and not at, say 12, 13, or even 9 litres, and not before
    which makes our job lots easier. In out, quit muckin' about, I say. I don't expect tips, and I don't mind the occasional jerk, or dumb question too much, but asking me when you'll get your precious coupons: Well, they're coming, the printer was late, so you're gonna have to wait a bit. We'll still take the old ones, but only for about a week, and it's freedom ! WooHoo. Before, everyone'd arrive like spinach through a baby before their coupons expired, just to save $1.12 and I was for all the fuss, and now
    I'm because my working life got easier. Some lady asked me how much I made an hour- I told her, and then she said "well, I'm training to be manager, and I'll be making
    possibly $18-$30 an hour" . So, then I reached into my pocked and counted some money. She asked me what that was , and I told her "Oh that's my tip money, 13..
    14..15..16..17". "Do you mean people tip at XXXX Gas " "Yep, they sure so" and with that I walked away. Money in my pocket means a happy worker

John B
Working...
X