This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Ya Ever Get That Feeling?

So, this morning I get to work and I barely have my coat off when this kid comes in with a bag of potatoes. He tells me his mother had purchased them earlier and she wants her money back. I explain that the potatoes weren't purchased from our store because we don't sell 5 lb bags of potates only 10 lb bags. He leaves.

Then I got that feeling. Oh, you know that feeling. That one that tells you this is far from over.

Fast forward about 10 minutes. The phone rings.

ME: Good morning, (My place of employment)

HER: Yeah. I just sent my son in there to return some potatoes I bought this morning and you wouldn't refund my money.

ME: I'm sorry ma'am, but you didn't purchase them here.

HER: Yeah, I did.

ME: Ma'am, we don't sell 5lb bags of patatoes. We only sell 10 lb bags. Is it possible your son went to the wrong store?

HER: Is this (My place of employment)?

ME: Yes.

HER: I bought them there.

ME: Listen. I don't know how much more clear I can make this. You did not purchase them here. We don't sell them.

*click* Now she hangs up on me. I still have that feeling.

Fast forward an hour. The phone rings. I recognize her number on call display.

ME: Good morning, (My place of employment)

HER: Do you know The Outlaws? (a motorcycle gang)

ME: Yes.

HER: Well I know them and you can expect a visit shortly from a couple of them.

ME: Really? Over a bag of potatoes?

HER: Yep.

ME: Who are you sending over?

HER: What?

ME: Who are you sending over? (I rattle of the names of 3 members of The Outlaws who are customers and a couple of made up names.)

*Silence*

ME: Hellllllooooooooo?

*click* She hangs up on me again. I still have that feeling.

Fast forward about 2 hours. The phone rings again. It's her. AH CRAP!!

ME: Good afternoon, (My place of employment)

HER: Yeah, I know the chief of police and I also know about the illegal poker games you have going on there at night. I'm going to call him and tell him.

ME: You know the chief of police AND you know The Outlaws. That's a pretty diverse group of friends you have there. Hopefully, you've never had The Outlaws and the chief of police over to your house at the same time. That would be very awkward. And I can save you a phone call. The chief of police is here right now playing poker. I'll get him for you, but make it quick. I just had a bad beat and he has a thousand dollars of my money. I want to at least get some of it back before he deals with more pressing matters. Like.....potates.

HER: YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!!

ME : And you're a liar. And now that we've established who the players are in this little drama, is there anything else I can *click*

She hung up again. But that feeling disappeared. It was over. I WON!!! YAHOO!!

Can you believe it? All that over a bag of potatoes. Some people are so lonely.

"Wal-Mart says it classifies its customers into three groups: brand aspirationals, price sensitive affluents, and value-price shoppers. Wal-Mart says the new categories will replace the old customer classifications: teeth or no teeth." -- Conan O'Brien
    "As the evening sky faded from a salmon colour to a sort of flint gray, I thought back to the salmon I caught that morning, and how gray he was, and how I named him Flint." -- Jack Handy

Over a bag of spuds that costs what $2?!

Talk about way too much time on her hands!
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

That woman is the reason why men went off to fight wars...

but now they joined up too and followed us, damnit!

j/k (my CO is a woman, so no offense intended)

Comment

Good God! How much is a 5 lb bag of potatoes?

And her poor, poor kid. Imagine having a mom like that!
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I think it'd be cool to have a mom who was a bald-faced liar.

"Mom, I don't want to go to school. Can you call the school and tell them I was in an accident."
          "Sure, sweety. Then we'll call 40BELOW and pretend we know the local KKK Grand Dragon."
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Why return potatoes? They keep forever, are quite versatile and easy to cook.

Was it because she wanted Homestyle potatoes and these were just normal potatoes?

Were the potatoes undercooked?

Was this a scam? Return a 5 lb bag of potatoes and get the 10 lb price for them?

Who knows.

"Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

Quoth MTNLaurelPoacher View Post
              Were the potatoes undercooked?
              I laughed... bags of potatoes are usually raw, sweetie...
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

All that, over such small potatoes....
                My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

Sad indeed that this is all over a bag of potatoes. At least you had some fun before she finally crawled back under her rock!

And welcome to the site! Great first story.
                  Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Yes, excellent first post and excellent work showing that moron what's what.

Here's a good new law: If you have demonstrated that you have way too much time on your hands, you will be forcibly put into public service.
                    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Potatoes are amazing, and I love them, but.. damn.
                      whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        I laughed... bags of potatoes are usually raw, sweetie...
                        Oh...so I guess they really were undercooked.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

hehe nice job with the comebacks.

Comment

Nice job putting a SC in their place.

We had one SC who would call sometimes dozens of times each day. We were allowed to end the call if she kept calling that much.

Comment

Nice job shutting down the Lying Suck. That's just awesome.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X