Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking before we yell is our friend...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking before we yell is our friend...

Let me set the scene:

It is our peak time today, and our line 10 people deep so I am assisting the clerk at the register.

A woman comes up to the counter.

Clerk: Hello! Can I please have your name and birthdate?

Customer: *gives information*

Me: *retrieves script and scans it into the register* That will be five dollars ma'am.

Customer: No no no, I paid three dollars last month for the co-pay, it should be the same this month!

Me: *goes into an explanation about that it was a new year and some insurence companies changed what and how they covered certain items*

Customer: Well, I should only have to pay the three dollars I paid last time!

Me: Ma'am, we do not have any control over what the insurence company charges you. If you would like, I could try and resubmit it to see if we may get a different out come, or call them?

Customer: No! I want you to ring me out for three dollars right now! I don't have time for this!

Me: Ma'am as I said, we have no control over what the insurence company charges you and can not change it.

Customer: Well that is BULLSHIT!! I NEVER paid more than three dollars for MY "POPULAR HERPES MEDICATION"!!!!!!!

Me and clerk:

Customer: *Very quickly whips out a five from her purse, throws it at me, and runs away*
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid customers.

"Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience." - George Washington

I guess her life is best now that she found Valtrex!

That's priceless!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Ah, herpes. The gift that keeps on giving.
      I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

A hissy fit over $2. Talk about missing a sense of proportion.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I have nothing to say except:

PWND!
          "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Well, you don't always have to use the medication for genital herpes. I got oral herpes as a little kid from my grandmother. She always said the doctors didn't know what they were talking about when they said it was contagious. I use a prescription medication to keep my cold sore outbreaks to a minimum. And it significantly speeds up the healing time.

Comment

Well you know, she may have missed a few pills and may be feeling an outbreak coming on, and really needs those pills RIGHT MEOW so she can get freaky one last time before it reaches the surface.

Mmmm herpes. The ultimate topping on the pizza of genitalia that you don't want. I prefer plain cheese.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
                Well, you don't always have to use the medication for genital herpes. .
                True. Very true. My mom uses a medication for oral herpes as well. However, in a crowded pharmacy - how many people would consider that option?
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Gawd I love it when the SC's self-pwn. in a word...dumbass
                  I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Omg, she really showed you didn't she?? bwahahahaha

Herpes is like luggage, you carry it around forever.

Comment

and really needs those pills RIGHT MEOW

This made me laugh....my cat has feline herpes
                      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                        This made me laugh....my cat has feline herpes
                        ... Nah, too easy.

But I guess her mouth isn't the only thing she can't shut.
                        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
                          Customer: No no no, I paid three dollars last month for the co-pay, it should be the same this month!

Me: *goes into an explanation about that it was a new year and some insurence companies changed what and how they covered certain items*
                          Gah. Insurance. The bane of my existence.

"Why didn't they tell me?" Most likely you got something informing you of changes, but, since that would have required reading on your part....

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          A hissy fit over $2. Talk about missing a sense of proportion.
                          Hey, some of the threads here have had people ranting over 2 cents.
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

$5 for herpes medication is still a good deal.

Comment

The employer-sponsored insurance that covers me is considered one of the best plans in the province, and it doesn't cover anything for STDs, sexual enhancement, sexual disfunction or stop-smoking aids.
                              Otaku

Comment

Working...
                              X