This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cheese guy - yet another SC who can't read

wow I used to like the express lane but that's only because I never did it for like hours on end. One of my favorite customers was this guy. All he's buying is six of those blocks of cheese, all the same.

So he uses his club card, and the six cheeses come up to $15. He also handed me a "coupon", which said the cheese is 2 for $4 at the beginning. I didn't look at it until after ringing it up, and then I just said this isn't a coupon, it's just telling you the discount.

But then he's like well of the cheese is 2 for $4 and I bought six shouldnt it be $12? No sir, for your convenience a 25% SC charge is automatically added. So I fished the thing out of the trash that he gave me and actually read it. It was clear he didn't read it.

It said - 2 for $5 with card and a dollar off with special coupon. This coupon is obtained at the front of the store, it's different every week, you scan your card and it prints out coupons, and it's usually broken. I didn't even know such a thing existed, neither did this guy. The guy thought that cutting out part of the flyer constituted a coupon. But another cashier told him what to do. He went and did so right then and it didn't take too long.

Anyway then he comes back and I know it's gonna be an issue, because of course, the coupon is only good for one. So he starts arguing about it, but I tell him the coupon says it's only good for one, yeah yeah I know you can't read stfu. So I tell him I will ask a supervisor. And luckily nearby was one of the head supervisors of the front end, and he does NOT back down to customers. I asked him and he said "no he can't use it on all 3, just one"

So I immediately got all happy because I knew this guy wasn't gonna get his.. what is it..two bucks off? The SC and the manager argued for like five minutes and eventually the SC just took two of the cheeses for four dollars. That's RIGHT.

Anyway I love owning sc's like that. This was also the express lane, so people were quite happy when he finally sulked off with only a third of his cheese.

And here's an enriching quote from the same day:

Me: Any cash back?
    Guy: Uh...two bucks (the order was about 10 on debit so we charge for cash back for that)
    Me: You do know there will be a one dollar surcharge for that (seriously whats the point?)
    Guy: Ok...three bucks!
    I gave him three bucks. He spent a dollar to get three bucks back. You can do better in the lottery.

My store just started that special every week thing with a coupon printed from a kiosk. I hate those stupid coupons because most of my customers don't read that you need the coupon to get the special price. Once I explain that they need to go to the kiosk, they hand me their store card and tell me to go get the coupon for them. And that can really hold up the line because the kiosk is on the other side of the store.
    Fortunately, my manager told me that I could keep a coupon at my register and scan it when anyone without a coupon comes through my line.
    "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
    X