This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your fax machine will do that

(I was in the pantry cleaning some stuff up, prepping some stuff)
    SC: *pokes head in* Hi, where can I send a fax?
    Me: Oh! The machine is behind the desk, I can help you with that.

SC: *as we are walking* I need to send to multiple numbers, can your machine do that?
    Me: Oh, yeah I can do that.
    SC: I mean, can your machine dial and send to multiple numbers at once?
    Me: Oh. Ya know, I have no idea lemme go look. No one has ever asked that one beore.

I look, I don't see anyway other then dialing and dialing each number. Guest goes over to the lobby computer and puts around. I am waiting & waiting. Apparently he doesn't think I have other things to do.

20 minutes later, walks up to desk...
    Me: Yeah it looks like I will have to put them each at a time.
    SC: This printed like shit! (really, he said that...this "nice business man") Apparently that computer doesn't have word, do you have a computer that has word back there?
    Me: *a bit taken back* uh Yes, sure I can print it right here. *sees he has a flash drive...thank God!*
    SC: *glares at me, and hands over his drive* (mutters what the file is called, I didn't really catch it*
    Me: *I open up the drive* What was the name?
    SC: *huff!!!, leans over desk* Scroll down... No. Try that folder. *I open the folder* It's a word document. Okay yeah that one. *it prints off, and looks great!* Okay, so does the fax send them all at once?
    Me: No...in 7 years you are the first one to ask. But, no it only sends them one at a time.
    SC: *glare* Well, it can if the computers print from it. Do you want me to come back there & send it???
    Me: No. I am sorry, I can't let you back here. I can do it. I do this stuff all of the time. *smile* (Cuz it's totally safe for me to let you back here, idiot!)
    SC: What? Your computers connect to that fax, so it should work.
    ME: *confused* No, they don't. They only print from these printers (right at the desk).
    SC: What? *glare* These computers don't print at all to that fax?
    Me: No, they sure don't.
    SC: *hands over the papers, he has a paper of phone numbers & fax numbers* Send to all the numbers that are underlined.
    Me: Okay. *starts dialing number after number, which is surprisingly working* *guest is standing at the desk, staring at me* This may take a bit.
    SC: *grumpily* Yeah...I know. *walks a way around the corner*
    Me: Alright, they are all sending. Did you want the confirmation page when they all get done sending?
    SC: How long is that gonna be????
    Me: Well *shrugs* I am not sure; they are sending quick though (it was only one page to multiple numbers).
    SC: ...
    Me: But I can print of the confirmation page when it gets done & have it put under your door so you don't have to wait.
    SC: okay. ...... (Hello, it's a yes that is good or no I will wait.)
    Me: What is your room number?
    SC: *stare*
    Me: ...
    SC: *looks in his pocket at his key packet* it's 233.
    Me: Okay, I will have it dropped off when it gets done.
    SC: okay.

wow. That was a struggle to the death. Apparenly he assumed I was retarded like the rest of the world.

Everything went through fine.
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

......lemme borrow your cookie tray for just one moment, please. Thank you.

YAR!

*Bops Business Man*

Next time send it all from YOUR laptop! Damn.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
      Next time send it all from YOUR laptop! Damn.
      Hear! Hear!

We've been trying to get the folks here to use computer-based faxing, but you'd think we asked them to calculate astrological vectors in furlongs per minute. It would save us money by not having these dying fax machines on repair contract, but the Director is caving to the off-site managers (luddites all!) so far.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
      X