This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *shakes head*

So at my bux we have scanners for the bar codes that are attached to the register. Simple, easy, most people know what they are right?

or not.

This woman comes in with her son, who is probably about 12. So not by any means a small child or toddler. The mother was off in the stratosphere somewhere, asking me about our teas and coffees and the difference between tea and coffee. Meanwhile her kid is playing with the cookies and stuff set up around the registers.

All of the sudden he picks up the laser scanner, holds it up to his EYE and goes "whats this?"

The mother does nothing. doesn't even look.

I go "it's a laser scanner, Do Not hold it to your eyeball, and stop touching everything".

I swear that woman had no control over her kid, and it didn't even seem like she was all that together.
    http://footloosecomic.com Pirate Faeries!!

If she doesn't know the difference between tea and coffee... that's a pretty good sign that she's not all there.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
      If she doesn't know the difference between tea and coffee...
      Toffee is a mix of the two right

Lord knows had the kid blinded himself it would be the store's fault

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
        Lord knows had the kid blinded himself it would be the store's fault....
        Or proof that Darwin was, after all, correct.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Animae View Post

All of the sudden he picks up the laser scanner, holds it up to his EYE and goes "whats this?"
          "A death ray. Dare ya to continue pointing it at yourself."
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

BTW, for those confused about the difference:

- COFFEE is made by infusing water at 85°C through ground beans. It is traditionally served with milk and sugar.

- TEA is made by steeping shredded leaves in water at 100°C. It is also traditionally served with milk, but not sugar.

Code:
             §
            [_]D

Comment

- COFFEE is made by infusing water at 85°C through ground beans.

- TEA is made by steeping shredded leaves in water at 100°C.
              Not to mention that the beans and leaves come from completely different plants.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                I just like to point out the occasions when Jester makes me LOL.
                "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                HellGate: London

Comment

yeah. the Mom was a nutball.

The kid was a payday.

Comment

I don't understand. People can't be this stupid and know how to make their lungs function.

The kid could be BLINDED!
                    Last edited by Ree; 02-01-2009, 04:09 PM.
                    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

BTW, for those confused about the difference:

- COFFEE is made by infusing water at 85°C through ground beans. It is traditionally served with milk and sugar.

- TEA is made by steeping shredded leaves in water at 100°C. It is also traditionally served with milk, but not sugar.
                      Also they taste VERY different. Oh and Tea is traditionally served with sugar done here in the Southern states thank you very much. Well when it's put on Ice I mean...
                      Last edited by SG15Z; 02-01-2009, 07:49 AM. Reason: fixed a smiley

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Quoth NightAngel View Post
                        I just like to point out the occasions when Jester makes me LOL.
                        Okay, I know I can be quite funny, but this was hardly one of my greatest moments of hilarity. I was just pointing out a fact. Seriously, what's funny about that comment?

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                        I don't understand. People can't be this stupid and know how to make their lungs function.
                        Why yes. Yes they can. This site and a large portion of human history attest to that fact.

Still A Customer."

Comment

The amount of people that ask me the difference between a latte and a tea latte amazes me.

I just hope this woman stays away from my store. I can't believe some of these people are allowed to drive.

Comment

Working...
                          X