This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatient dickhead

This guy, not only waved frantically when on the pump to get it turned on (hello moron, we have to LOOK first, before we authorise!) he also came and banged rudely on the window several times. I was actually quite scared, as he was gestulating and mouthing in quite a nasty way. O_o Finally, when he'd gotten his petrol, instead of patiently waiting in the queue to pay, he balled up his cash and threw it at my head.

That's right, he THREW A BALLED UP WAD OF CASH AT MY HEAD. No, it didn't hurt, but I was just dumbstruck by the incredible rudeness of the action.

Again...
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Hmm, can I spy someone who won't have their pump authorised again...?
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

How difficult is it to wait an additional 20 seconds??
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Ooh, I'm feeling evil.

You work at a petrol station (obviously).

Therefore you'll have CCTV.

Therefore you'll have CCTV of him commiting assault and the registration number of his car.

A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I experience this every time I do a shift at the Fuel Center EVERYTIME!! Makes me happy I'm on the Front End.....Did I just say that!

Comment

I really don't understand why more places in the world or this country (I live in California) don't have pre-pay, self serve. It really isn't a hassle and I don't feel like the company doesn't trust me or whatever other excuses people come up with. Then you don't have situations like that where you have to wait for authorization and you don't have to wait to pay afterwards. I think people would be more willing to wait to pay before pumping than after because the important part is getting gas. If you've already pumped your gas, the most important part of the transaction is done and you just want to get out of there, which is why I think there are so many SC's in that situation.

Or maybe people just suck in general and no matter what the set up, they'll find a way to be a jerk.

Comment

Well we do have pre-pay but you don't have to pre-pay when using cash. The only reason we have a pump-then-pay option is because corporate doesn't want to inconvience they're customers. And considering how many people do pump first I can understand where they're coming from. Still I hate it when we have a drive off!

Comment

I think the problem with that would be that people are really dim and would come and bang on the window shouting, "Why isn't my pump turning on?!!!1!eleventy!". It's easy enough saying "Everywhere should have prepaid pumps" when you come from a place that has always had that system, but just try implementing that system in a place that has always had pump first then pay. It would be mayhem. We already have tons of people who can't read the signs on every pump that say "No mobiles, no smoking, switch your engine off, don't let under 16s use the pump" so I doubt those people would read signs that told them how to use a prepaid pump; they'd just come into the petrol station and bitch. -__-
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                  Well we do have pre-pay but you don't have to pre-pay when using cash. The only reason we have a pump-then-pay option is because corporate doesn't want to inconvience they're customers. And considering how many people do pump first I can understand where they're coming from. Still I hate it when we have a drive off!

When Texas(our number 1 vaction desitination) implemented a state wide pre-pay law, I was a little irritated, because when we go on vacation, we normally try to pay from gas with cash. Honestly, by the end of our vacation, this really didn't bother me at all. When gas prices sky rocketed, a number of our local gas stations implemented pre-pay due to the number of run-offs. I absolutely understand why, and it would totally resolve issues such as the one in the thread.
                  Tamezin

Comment

No it wouldn't; those pumps are just for cards, right? This guy was a cash customer; he still would have come in to throw his wad of cash at me. -.- I just hope I never see the prat again.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I would have told him to f*ck right off to be honest!
                      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        ...just try implementing that system in a place that has always had pump first then pay. It would be mayhem.
                        I don't think it would be as bad as you think. I know that a lot of places in this country that used to do pump then pay now do, in fact, only have pre-pay....either pay cash to the cashier and then pump, or swipe your card at the pump. And you know what? Most people handle it just fine without any problem.

Yes, there will be assholes who cause mayhem....but you have that NOW. The majority of people will be fine, even if it takes them a few times to get used to it. The jackholes will still be jackholes.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Soloution: Give him his change, all in pennies and throw it back at him, even if he does manage to avoid that wall of pocket shrapnel, he'll still have to pick them all up

Oh if only you could do that and get away with it.
                          I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            I don't think it would be as bad as you think. I know that a lot of places in this country that used to do pump then pay now do, in fact, only have pre-pay....either pay cash to the cashier and then pump, or swipe your card at the pump. And you know what? Most people handle it just fine without any problem.

Yes, there will be assholes who cause mayhem....but you have that NOW. The majority of people will be fine, even if it takes them a few times to get used to it. The jackholes will still be jackholes.
                            See, you'd think that, but having seen a trial of them locally, I can tell you it doesn't work like that. It causes even more SCs than normal, and despite the best efforts of the staff, folks either couldn't or wouldn't learn how to work them.

It got so bad that they had to drop them after a few months and let them have the pump then pay system. It might be catching on in other places, but I don't think they'll be trying that again in a hurry round by me.
                            "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

That's right, he THREW A BALLED UP WAD OF CASH AT MY HEAD
                              I've been watching youtube videos of R. Lee Emery lately so my first thought of a reply is...

"What the fuck is your major malfunction?"

Gotta love Gunny, he's got great quotes for times like those.

Comment

Working...
                              X