Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When There Is Nothing To Complain About...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When There Is Nothing To Complain About...

Why not complain about things that are absolutely none of your business until your need to squat over food service employees has been fulfilled? This week...two instances of this.

The First

It's a busy shift, as always, so I'm scooting around doing my best. I don't have time to serve a table, but someone else does, so they do it for me then hand over when I'm not so stressy. Halfway into their meal they call me over and ask for the address for Head Office. Now, they've not indicated that anything is wrong with their meal and they've been eating happily.

I tell them I'll get the store manager (SM) to write it down and bring it over to them (mainly because it might have given him a chance to smooth things over). They then say they want the name of one of my managers. They give a description and I know who it is, so that information goes too. SM is talking to them and handing over the paper, but naturally I'm curious. I wait until he comes back and then ask.

It turned out they were complaining that SM was putting out salad without an apron and gloves (which is not part of our policy) and the assistant manager had not done anything when they complained to him. Now, here is the question...what would they have been satisfied with? What would have been an adequate punishment? A mid-restaurant beating?

The Second and More Bizarre

This one was relayed to me by a coworker. It was a quiet weekday evening shift so everything should have gone smoothly. No complaints or anything, until suddenly he's called over to a table.

Woman: W
    Coworker: CW

CW: Can I help?
    W: Yes, I have a complaint.
    CW: I'm sorry to hear that. What is it that's wrong?
    W: I know a lot about <company> and I have to say that the table opposite me has not had very good service at all. They've been without drinks for 5 minutes and no one seems to have gone to see them in a little while.
    CW: (Confused) Um, have they said anything to you about it?
    W: No, but I thought I should tell you because I know how it should be and they haven't had that.
    CW: OK...but your meal has been..
    W: Oh yes, our service has been fantastic thank you.

At this point CW leaves the table to go and check on the other table, who have no complaints at all and have a chuckle about someone else complaining on their behalf, but were happy with everything.
Working...
X