This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beyond belief

Guest: yea Dave, I am renting on the monthly snowbird package and I am scheduled to depart on March 31 but would like to extend a few nights

Me: ok snowbird rates end on March 31 but I can extend you at the regular daily rate

Guest: you cant just prorate it based on the rate I am paying?

Me: no sir

Guest: why not?

Me: because snowbirds end on March 31

Guest: I know snowbirds end on March 31, I am just asking for some flexibility

Me: I cant do it because we coordinate this with the owners, they are taking a significant discount already

Guest: that doesnt have anything to do with me

Me: I cant offer you a snowbird rate in April

Guest: not even for a few days?

Me: not even for a few days

Guest: well that is bullshit...I come down there every year, you can look me up....I know people who own property down there and are considering using you people to rent it and do you think I will recommend you when you're making me pay the full rate for a few stinkin days?

Me: well sir I am very sorry

Guest: dont tell me you're sorry, just give me the 3 nights

Me: I already told you I cant sir

Guest: you can, you just choose not to

Me: I am sorry you feel that way, sir

Guest: put your GD manager on this phone right away

Ok

She stood up to him this time and boy was he pissed

Your manager told a EW where to go?! When did that individual grow a spine? Or was it a surgical implant?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Maybe she'll start doing this on a more regular basis. Learn the joy of telling of the jerkwads.

Me: I cant do it because we coordinate this with the owners, they are taking a significant discount already

Guest: that doesnt have anything to do with me
      Um... you plan to rent during April. I'd say it has EVERYTHING to do with you.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

God, do you ever deal with anyone who ISN'T an entitlement whore?

Comment

If I was an owner, I'd be thrilled that the rental office wasn't handing out discounts at my expense willy-nilly.

SirWired

Comment

And that's probably why she held her ground. She knew that the owners would be vocal if she didn't.
            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Another thought just struck me.

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
              Guest: ...I know people who own property down there and are considering using you people to rent it and do you think I will recommend you when you're making me pay the full rate for a few stinkin days?
              Response: I think they'd be delighted to learn that we stand behind our contracts with the owners, actually.
              The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

You know, for telling us that you were done with old stories and would only post the new....you have a lot of sucky-ass customers.

So many of your customers complain about "how the economy is sucky and you should give us a better discount". Guess what, the owners and managers are also thinking the economy sucks and things are tight. Which is WHY they aren't giving extra favors out willy nilly. The point is to be customer friendly and profitable. Being entitlement-whore friendly is not the same as customer friendly. Especially when you can rent the place at regular discount/rate to a non-sucky customer.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  Your manager told a EW where to go?! When did that individual grow a spine? Or was it a surgical implant?
                  Hell froze over!

i can understand being a little upset but... hey, he asked and was told "no" and... o well. being an SC does NOT always mean you'll get your way.

Comment

Working...
                  X