This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waste of my time

Guest: yea Dave, we wanna come down and we need a 6 bedroom oceanfront house and it has to have a heated pool and it has to be pet friendly

Me: we dont have anything pet friendly

Guest: that cant be....we used to rent Don Smith's house and he always let us bring pets

Me: I am not sure who that is but we dont allow pets

Guest: but why did Don Smith let me have a pet and you all don't?

Me: as I said I dont know who Don Smith is

Guest: well he always let us have a dog, I just dont see why you wont honor that. Well I guess it doesnt have to be pet friendly...what is the rate?

I tell her

Guest: well that was a lot more than Don Smith used to charge....can you match his rate?

Me: no ma'am

Guest: well that stinks, I have got to say..........you know with this economy, we shouldnt pay full price. I am gonna write blogs about you all over the internet and make sure nobody rents with you people......asshole

CLICK

Do you think he actually was Don Smith? That would make for a far more interesting call.

"Yeah, I wouldn't charge myself that much, in fact I'd pay myself to stay there since the economy's bad. I demand you match my rates."
    "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me that, in this economy, those who are actually in a position to afford a vacation will still bitch about the rates. They should be happy they have enough money to do anything fun instead of worrying about whether or not they get a particular rate/discount/property/etc.

Comment

Quoth Wade View Post
        It never ceases to amaze me that, in this economy, those who are actually in a position to afford a vacation will still bitch about the rates. They should be happy they have enough money to do anything fun instead of worrying about whether or not they get a particular rate/discount/property/etc.
        What strikes me about folks who use lines like "The economy is bad, so cut me a deal" seem to forget that the economy is bad for everyone. It's not as though the retail and service industries are enjoying good times; everyone is feeling the pinch and yet folks like this conveniently forget that in their quest for low prices.
        Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

I am gonna write blogs
          Translation: I'm going to whine on my livejournal to the 2 people who read it! (and I'm being generous with "2" )

And how much do you want to bet... if he'd rented with you, he was going to bring a pet anyway...

Comment

Working...
          X