This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's Not Much Help

Yesterday, a customer came up to the service desk asking if we had bus tokens and I told her that we didn't sell them. The customer told me that someone told her that we had them and even mentioned that she walked a long way. I told her that one of our other stores sold bus tokens and the customer told me that wasn't much help and left. When I told the FEM later on, she mentioned that some people were never satisfied.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
    When I told the FEM later on, she mentioned that some people were never satisfied.
    Sadly, that is true! You can give someone something free and they would still complain!
    You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Our transit agency serves the 3 Metro counties. I needed to get a bus pass for the next month, so I stopped by a Fred Meyer, which is the chain I usually use for my bus passes. I didn't realize until I was first in line at Customer Service that the town I was in was in a county not served by thte transit agency. I asked the clerk when I got up to her, and they didn't sell TriMet passes. I didn't take the SC route & get upset or yell & scream at the employees. I thanked them, and went on my way. It meant I had to make one extra stop, but it wasn't their fault.
      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Someone completely unaffiliated with your store told me wrong? How DARE you!
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I don't see how you weren't of any help. It's not like YOU make the decisions regarding the sales of bus tokens at the store you work at.

Oh how I love Urban Legends: Retail Edition

Allow me to explain:

People, for years and years, amongst their daily gossip and chit-chat, will make up some kind of wild tales about stores selling certain things or having certain discounts on item x or y. Like most Urban Legends, most are completely false and made up just for show and dramatic effect, while very few have actually proven to be true.

Example:

At the gas station I worked at, people would come in all the time claiming that they'd heard that we sold Packer tickets, movie theater tickets, etc etc etc etc etc....just think of pretty much anything.....and they always heard it from a FRIEND or relative......or there was always the old "But you always USED to sell this..."
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Packer tickets being sold at a gas station?

Ha ha, that's funny. The waiting list for those is obscenely long.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
            X