This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Side Of The Counter Mine Part 2

So first thing yesterday morning I get a hundred dollar bill. That is not problem the boss is in the back so I run over and get change. In the minute that this took, two other people came in. I watch them via the security cameras and then I got my change.

As I quickly make my way up front, I see one of the customers just standing there, behind my register.

Me: Excuse me, what are you doing back there?
    SC: I just wanted to get my smokes.
    Me: Well you cannot be back here
    SC: I just wanted to get my smokes

If he was just grabbing smokes then why was he just standing there staring at the register. I know the other two customers that were in there and they would not have let him steal anything. But still the sight of him in front of a register full of money and a mere 20 feet from where I stashed my purse just made my blood boil.

If you can't wait a mere minute to buy your smokes, then go someplace else.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

This would be the point where I would have called the cops.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

That guy was definately about to rob your tills......might be worth remembering a description about him to pass to the cops just in case....
      In a perfect world the customer would always be right but this world is not perfect and the customer is always f***** mental!!!!

Comment

No, this guy is one of our regulars just not bright. Plus there were two other people at the counter and both of them said that he didn't try to take anything. He had also laid the cash down on the counter, he was just too impatient to wait and stupid enough to go for his smokes.
        My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Our store only sells cigs at register 15. Register 15 also has a bar that swings open and shut quite easily. I like to shut it, because it serves as a mental deterrant against customers just walking over to get up close and personal with our cigarette display. Other customers push their shopping carts through the gate (when it's open) because they need a place to leave their while they run to the bathroom or do more shopping. (Not where I WALK, please) There's a reason I keep the gate closed.

So why oh why does every single cashier/CSM walking through have to open it wide and leave it.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

We had that same kind of problem at my gas station, except it was snuff.

The way the store was situated, the snuff was dangerously close to one of the doors. Someone could walk in during a rush, grab a tin, and I'd never know.

Many customers would help themselves and it irritated the hell out of me.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
            X