This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking lot customers

Customers are not only sucky inside, but out as well. I almost got hit a few times by SCs who speed, or cut corners. They also park in the fire lane and get all mad when a cop comes. Anyone have this??
    Whasup everybody, its chris in the house!

my favorites are the ones who 'create' a space (make one where there isn't one, say, near a sidewalk, or in an unloading zone next to the disabled space) and the ones that park in the disabled space when they're 'only gonna be a minute' or 'couldn't find a closer space.'

spaces too far away, well, it looks like you're gonna get some exercise for a change, bud...
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
      my favorites are the ones who 'create' a space (make one where there isn't one
      They do this all the time at my job, where the corners are already tight to begin with. I've gotten into a few near head-ons because of these morons.

Just once, I'd like to see one of those idiots who go flying thru at warp speed hit one of the other idiots who don't know what is and isn't a parking space.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Try SCs who block up spaces so they can save it for a friend. I'm waiting for the day when that one person refuses to move and still isn't moving despite the fact that the tow truck is hooking up the car.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Some people don't 'park' their cars but just 'leave' them. I've seen people park next to a space, then someone else parks next to them and someone else parks next to that. Then the first 2 leave and the last car is parked in the middle of the lane.

Then you have the people who like to stand behind your car and gossip. You walk past them, get in, fire it up, put it in reverse and turn around to look while you back out...and they are still there, totally oblivious.

And of course the old people who don't ever look when they back out.

Comment

Quoth WinterWolf View Post
            Then you have the people who like to stand behind your car and gossip. You walk past them, get in, fire it up, put it in reverse and turn around to look while you back out...and they are still there, totally oblivious.
            I don't think I ever had that happen, but I did have quite a few people walk behind my car while I was starting to back up.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth WinterWolf View Post

And of course the old people who don't ever look when they back out.
              Those two groups should get together sometime!

My SIL is one of those types who "creates a space" when she can't find somewhere to park. In her favor, at least, she tries to make it an out-of-the-way space where it won't hamper people too much.

One person whose car I wanted to egg, though, managed to park a pickup truck in just such a way as to occupy four parking spaces at a strip mall parking lot near a game store. Had it been a busy day, I would've been more peeved than boggled by the effort. Had I all the time in the world and a bunch of friends with me, I would've made efforts to block them in, then go in the nearest restaurant and enjoy myself for a long while.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Besides the aforementioned people parking illegally in handicapped spaces, I also can't stand the people (usually motorcycles) who park in the crosshatched area next to the handicapped spots. I mean, that area is there to give disabled people more room to get in and out of the car, use a ramp or lift, etc.

Also, people who seem to think that they don't have to stop at a stop sign when it's located in a parking lot.

Comment

We almost had an idiot hit the semi that was backing around a corner of our building today. They could see the truck the whole time too, it's not like they came around the corner of the building and suddenly had the back of a semi filling thier windshield. They were pulling into our lot, if the truck had backed up straight instead turning around the side of our building he would have gone right through the lot entrance this idiot came in through. As the truck was halfway around the corner of the building the moron pulls into the lot with the broad side of a 53 foot long trailer facing her. She didn't even slow down, she went through the gap between the trailer and curb with less less than a foot between the trailer and her side mirror. If I wasnt there to signal to the truck driver to stop she would need a new Jeep right now.
                  "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

Quoth hecubus View Post
                    Besides the aforementioned people parking illegally in handicapped spaces, I also can't stand the people (usually motorcycles) who park in the crosshatched area next to the handicapped spots. I mean, that area is there to give disabled people more room to get in and out of the car, use a ramp or lift, etc.

Also, people who seem to think that they don't have to stop at a stop sign when it's located in a parking lot.
                    I hate seeing that. Yesterday, I was with my grandma, shopping at Home Depot, and some little punk kid, parked in a handycap spot, without a disabled sticker or anything. Since my grandmother is disabled, I got out and asked if they were disabled, they said no. so I asked if they could move, so that I can park there, since my grandma is. They started bitching about something, then he lift
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

It's scary out there.

That's why I am so glad to be inside now.

I did watch a guy drive a brand new Dodge Ram truck into a light pole. It was funny, the pole is about 3 feet wide, and in the middle of the lot. He hit right in the center of the front. It was undrivable after that, he was moving at a good pace. He claimed he swerved to miss another car. There was no other car.

A guy in a big yellow truck hit a new Hummer H3 hard enough to rip the taillight out and loosen the back bumper. Hit and Run, cops were there a long time.

That's all I remember for now.

CM
                      Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

While we're on the topic about parking SC's maybe someone from Southern Indiana can explain this to me: How come people get good and pissed when you park within the yellow-painted curb and someone that sees it is quick to say in that weird accent "You cant park here!" BUT nobody has a problem with parking directly behind my freakin' car, blocking my car in my own driveway in the alley because they're too goddamn lazy to walk a few extra feet to pick up their kids from the house across the alley that runs a daycare center!!!! Thinking about it makes it really tempting to put my hands around someone's neck.

Comment

I have nearly been over twice in one night! The first time, I was taking my cart back to the store after loading my groceries in my car and some woman blew right through a Stop sign and came within inches of running me over!

Then, when I was walking back to my car, a guy decided the Stop sign wasn't meant for him and nearly ran me over.

I was using the crosswalk and wasn't wearing anything that would blend into the background, so there was no excuse for those two not to see me. The only thing I could come up with is that they were both on their cell phones at the time.
                          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

This asshat drive his car and goes around me BLOCKING MY WAY and honks louldly enough so I look his direction....the reason for this..he was charged wrong on the reciept..he thinks it is better to scare the shit out of someone rather than get thier attention the normal way.

How about this: I was going back into the store with a cart when this asshole drives right up behind me and honks. I jump and turn around with a WTF look on my face. He says he wanted the cart before I put it back. he then goes to say "Oh, its ok you work here so its ok that I do that." and Im all "Not really" before I could explain why he said aggitated; "YES IT IS..." Im thinking "okaaaaay asshole what-EVER you say."
                            NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

I have nearly been over twice in one night! The first time, I was taking my cart back to the store after loading my groceries in my car and some woman blew right through a Stop sign and came within inches of running me over!
                              I had a woman do that to me once and I gave the side of her car the "New York Slap" making sure the underside of my class ring made good contact with the side of her car. She just kept going and pretended I wasnt even there so I hope I made a good mark on her car. Now I just push a cart when I go in/out and if some asshole tries it again I'll just shove the cart out in front of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X